If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

How do you report a problem to a PLEX Tech or employee?

fleinbachfleinbach Posts: 230Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
 I am a huge Movie/TV buff. I started collecting around the mid nineties. I used every media center software that came along. None did a very good job until Plex came along. I discovered it over 3 years ago and it was fantastic. It made keeping up with TV series a dream. Not to mention being able to share. The web UI was as good as it gets, that is until now. Using a mouse to navigate is hands down way easier then any remote control. I know everyone who uses an HTPC totally understands this as there are dozens of posts about this issue under many different headings. 

I wish there was a way to communicate this problem to some Plex tech but that has become impossible. The only thing anyone can hope for is to make a post on this forum and hope someone sees it. Several years ago that was no problem now it is almost impossible to get anyone's attention now.

As for going back to an earlier version, that would just be like putting on a band-aid. First I can find no place to download an older version, and second that means you lose the new features like live TV or any issue fix's. 

I found a temporary fix on one of the other posts and logged into my local server IP and that works fine for now. But suddenly  I am getting calls from my friends as they are stuck with the new web UI and it is locking up on them. They have no choice so they are stuck with the problem.

Does anyone Know how to get help with this Problem. It would be greatly appreciated. 

Also can anyone tell me why my posts are broken up? They keep getting separated into sections.

TheaterRooms.com

My setup: Home built server Gigabyte X99 Motherboard/ i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz 6 Core/ 32.0 GB RAM/ OS Drive Samsung 500GB M.2/ PLEX Database Samsung 500GB SSD / Media storage 7 Seagate 6TB HDD/ Windows 10 ////

USERS: 54 Friends & Family/ Max concurrent streams 17 was on Jan 15 2017

Answers

• OttoKernerOttoKerner Posts: 26,355Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

@fleinbach said:
    Also can anyone tell me why my posts are broken up? They keep getting separated into sections.

Because you are starting a new paragraph with 4 space characters (or a tab), which triggers the formatting as a 'code block'.

Does anyone Know how to get help with this Problem. It would be greatly appreciated.

You have been heard. Volume control with mouse wheel will be restored in a future release.

Help others too - by reporting back with your results!
    Have you checked the Documentation before posting a question in the forums?
    Use the SEARCH function before starting a new thread!
    No PMs unless requested, please! Do not use 'verbose' logging
  • fleinbachfleinbach Posts: 230Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited August 13

OttoKerner Thanks for your reply. Restoring Volume control would be greatly appreciated.

Will they also address the other issues. As I said there are many more posts complaining about the changes made.
    1. Changing the location of the X to close from the normal expected location at the top to the bottom is just counter intuitive.
    2. After activating subtitles the old version disappeared. The new version requires an extra step to close the menu.
    3. The progress bar used to be inset from the edges about 15%. Now they go all the way to the edge. This interferes with my security cameras I keep in the bottom corner of the screen. Now I cannot see or scan for area of program.
    But the biggest problem is the erratic behavior experienced by myself, my friends and others on this forum. That being The screen freezing and also the controls will get stuck open. When they get stuck the only way to release is to close and reopen.

TheaterRooms.com

My setup: Home built server Gigabyte X99 Motherboard/ i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz 6 Core/ 32.0 GB RAM/ OS Drive Samsung 500GB M.2/ PLEX Database Samsung 500GB SSD / Media storage 7 Seagate 6TB HDD/ Windows 10 ////

USERS: 54 Friends & Family/ Max concurrent streams 17 was on Jan 15 2017

• OttoKernerOttoKerner Posts: 26,355Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

I have no further info about it.

Help others too - by reporting back with your results!
    Have you checked the Documentation before posting a question in the forums?
    Use the SEARCH function before starting a new thread!
    No PMs unless requested, please! Do not use 'verbose' logging