Master Buglist for Plex for Kodi.
In the hope that this client gets updated some day, here is some information regarding the bugs of the current Plex for Kodi client. Feel free to comment with suggestions / examples / log files.
Device - Odroid C2 running Raybuntu's LibreELEC-based Krypton V17 builds. (eMMC 8GB flash drive running OS)
AVR - Yamaha RX-V675 (5.1) via HDMI / CEC / ARC
Passthrough - AVR supports all codecs bar DTS:X / Dolby Vision. Enabled.
Burn Subtitles - Automatic
Local Quality - Original Quality
Remote Quality - Original Quality
*Movies that contain multiple parts do not seamlessly transition. FIXED.
- Upon leaving the add-on, 3 loading dots endlessly spin and does not return the Kodi homescreen. Force reboot required.
- Switching between managed users causes crashes at least 80% of the time.
- Add-on refuses to connect to the internet despite other addons display no issue i.e. HDHomerun yet returns later. SSL issue?
- "Playback Failed!" - Inconsistent and impossible to reproduce on the fly. Just happens intermittently for me.
- When pressing play on a stream, playback will not always start and sit on a orange background. Could be related to refresh rate switching.
- When scrolling along On Deck and new items load in, the artwork next to the newly loaded show turns grey intermittently.
FEATURES YET TO BE IMPLEMENTED:
- TV theme music.
- Pre-roll Video and Trailers
- Live Music Lyrics integration.
- Plex Companion.
- Label support.
- Chapter support.
- No Plex Companion support currently. Kodi remotes function as a workaround currently.
- No Alexa support due to above.