If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Disabled Remote Access and now local streaming in my home is a blurry mess on the Plex PS4 app

alexcrastalexcrast Posts: 2Members

Last week I disabled Remote Access in my Plex settings since I never use it outside of my home and now whenever I try to stream media from my computer to my PS4 via my local network (both are plugged directly into the same router), the video quality is awful. I tried enabling Remote Access to see if that would fix the problem but now whenever I re-enable it the icon shows green that it connected for about a second or two before it turns red and says it cannot connect. The really weird thing is that if I go to the PS4's built-in Media Player app it finds my Plex server and is capable of streaming them at much better quality, but for some reason anything I watch over about 20 minutes or so the audio gets horribly out of sync, so using the PS4 Media Player app over Plex is less than ideal. I have a TP-Link AC1750 router, and any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated!

Best Answer

• alexcrastalexcrast Posts: 2Members
    Accepted Answer

Quick follow-up: after I updated Plex today it solved the problem. Not sure what the issue was, since updating my router's firmware didn't help, manually forwarding ports didn't help, and setting a static IP didn't help either. Oh well, glad to be able to use the PS4 Plex app again.

Answers

• alexcrastalexcrast Posts: 2Members
    Accepted Answer

Quick follow-up: after I updated Plex today it solved the problem. Not sure what the issue was, since updating my router's firmware didn't help, manually forwarding ports didn't help, and setting a static IP didn't help either. Oh well, glad to be able to use the PS4 Plex app again.