Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Is there a command I can run remotely that connects to the RasPlex device to see if it's Playing?

scottocs11scottocs11 Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I was wondering if there was a command that I can run that simple returns 'Playing', 'Paused', or 'Idle'.

I would like to be able to do this remotely, so I guess by SSH'ing.

Answers

• videotecaCNSUvideotecaCNSU Posts: 275Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Well you can always tail and grep the logfile but I dont get it why you would want to do something like that
    You can check whats been played from the server or you can add something like plexpy that its just great to keep track of what its been seeing.

Also people made something like this to have outside their home cinema which I think its just running a webpage you can access it from anywhere from your network

• scottocs11scottocs11 Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@videotecaCNSU said:
    Well you can always tail and grep the logfile but I dont get it why you would want to do something like that
    You can check whats been played from the server or you can add something like plexpy that its just great to keep track of what its been seeing.

Also people made something like this to have outside their home cinema which I think its just running a webpage you can access it from anywhere from your network

Sorry, I just saw your reply.
    I am using a friend's server, so checking the server or PlexPy.
    It's for home automation, so I can change the lights based on RasPlex's status.

I was using this when I was using my own server, but now I'm not so it doesn't work.

• videotecaCNSUvideotecaCNSU Posts: 275Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I would probably tail the logfile in your case