If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Can't find Fire TV Stick as Player

RichStevensonRichStevenson Posts: 52Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Just wondering if there has been any solution to this issue. I posted about it previously, but that thread has gone silent. I have Plex Version 1.8.1.4139 installed on my NetGear ReadyNAS. The skill finds my server, but has never been able to find my FireTv Stick. It finds the web app, and android app though. I do use managed users, but am logged in with the main account. Fire OS version 5.2.4.1 (573210720) and Plex app version 6.3.4.1485. Remote access is enabled and working, and the FireTV is on the same network as the server.

Tagged:

Answers

• tom@tomdickson.comtom@tomdickson.com Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Ditto my set up. A bit of a Wife Acceptance Factor failure really. Watching.

• SiscoPlexSiscoPlex Posts: 961Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@RichStevenson said:
    Just wondering if there has been any solution to this issue. I posted about it previously, but that thread has gone silent. I have Plex Version 1.8.1.4139 installed on my NetGear ReadyNAS. The skill finds my server, but has never been able to find my FireTv Stick. It finds the web app, and android app though. I do use managed users, but am logged in with the main account. Fire OS version 5.2.4.1 (573210720) and Plex app version 6.3.4.1485. Remote access is enabled and working, and the FireTV is on the same network as the server.

Does it find the stick if you open plex on the stick?... this is a prerequisite.
    Alexa will not find it otherwise......
    Perhaps with the updated alexa app, they added native control to most alexa devices ie "Alexa launch Netflix" (you must connect alexa with a player first through the alexa app on your mobile device.

I have had this ability for quite awhile now by using a harmony hub in the mix to launch my apps from Alexa.

• RichStevensonRichStevenson Posts: 52Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@SiscoPlex said:

@RichStevenson said:

Does it find the stick if you open plex on the stick?... this is a prerequisite.
    Alexa will not find it otherwise......
    Perhaps with the updated alexa app, they added native control to most alexa devices ie "Alexa launch Netflix" (you must connect alexa with a player first through the alexa app on your mobile device.

I have had this ability for quite awhile now by using a harmony hub in the mix to launch my apps from Alexa.

Yes Plex is running on the stick. That's why I stated that I'm logged in with the main account.