If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Which Plex App to Play 4K on QNAP TVS-682T

ehren9ehren9 Posts: 22Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited August 22 in OpenPHT

I have a QNAP TVS-682T on its way that I intend to use primarily as a Plex server and to direct play 4K movies to a 4K TV via HDMI out. On a previous QNAP I had for testing, I tried playing through Plex Media Server, Plex Media Player and Plex Open Home Theater. The TS-453B simply didn't have the horsepower. Hence the upgrade to the 682 beast.

My question is does anyone have any opinions or experience playing 4K directly via HDMI and which of the above listed Plex apps worked out best for you? Knowing what settings worked best would be appreciated as well. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks...!

~ ehren9

Comments

• moody_bluemoody_blue Posts: 2,853Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    edited August 27

This section of the forum is dedicated to PMS and your question is related with OpenPHT and PMP.

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/242836/plex-home-theater-and-pmp

I can move it to one of these other forums if you whish.

QNAP TS-253A 4G QTS 4.3.4.0387 (beta2) + PMS 1.9.7.4460 (plex pass) + QPython2 2.7.12.0 + PlexConnect 0.5-dev-161017

TV Sony KDL-32V2500 (720p) + aTV3 Rev. A firmware 7.2.2 + Denon AVR-1604 A/V Receiver 5.1 + Harmony Touch

Portables 1x iPad4, 2x Android phone, 1x Android tablet, 2x PMP on Win10

No support via PM unless requested by me

• ehren9ehren9 Posts: 22Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yes. Please move. My error...

~ ehren9