If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

DLNA: "Paused" performed, but not reported by the server

diodorusdiodorus Posts: 22Members ✭✭

Hi!

I'm running a Plex server on Win 10, and watching via DLNA on the Archos (android) app on a Sony Bravia TV.

My issue is that when I hit pause, the action is performed (the video actually pauses on the screen), but on the server side this is not recognized: the XML / server shows "generic player PLAYING". (I need this because of the integration with another programs: Plex2SmartThings)

Any ideas if this can be fixed?

Thanks!

Answers

• diodorusdiodorus Posts: 22Members ✭✭

Anyone...?

• OttoKernerOttoKerner Posts: 25,741Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Advanced functionality like this won't work with DLNA clients.
    If your Sony is an 'Android TV' device, try to install the native Plex client app from the app store and use this.

Help others too - by reporting back with your results!
    Have you checked the Documentation before posting a question in the forums?
    Use the SEARCH function before starting a new thread!
    No PMs unless requested, please! Do not use 'verbose' logging
  • diodorusdiodorus Posts: 22Members ✭✭

try to install the native Plex client app from the app store and use this.

I would, if only the native Plex app would do 5.1 audio passthrough (on Sony TVs) and have an audio delay settings (this is relevant to any TV).