If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Can't access remote Samsung UN50KU6300 after server reinstall

I'm running Plex Version 1.7.5.4035 on freenas 11U2 as a fresh install. My old Plex server worked fine with this TV not connected to my local network. After entering the code to connect to the plex server I get "plex is offline or unreachable". I've tried to uninstall and reinstall the app, sign out of the server and app and sign in again without success.
I've look at secure server and have added the code to my pfSense DNS resolver Custom Options. My secure connections is set to Preferred. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Answers

• nokdimnokdim Posts: 907Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, TunerTester Plex Ninja

have you signed in your new plex install?
    did you setup and confirm remote access to the server?

• WarrenbucWarrenbuc Posts: 24Members ✭✭

@nokdim said:
    have you signed in your new plex install?
    did you setup and confirm remote access to the server?

Yes signed in and Yes the interface says remote access is enabled.

• nokdimnokdim Posts: 907Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, TunerTester Plex Ninja

Can you access your plex via plex.tv/web from outside of your network?

I can access it on my cell phone on cellular with safari with my login but family that I shared my plex with can't connect to the plex server on there smart tv at a remote location with there login

Strange think it just start to work when I tried again on my cell so tried the remote TV and it worked. Must have been something that took time to propagate thru Plex's system.