If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Amazon Echo+Chromecast Audio+Plex = Pretty awesome

apastuszakapastuszak Posts: 83Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I took my Echo Dot and plugged it into my stereo and used My Media for Alexa to play my local music on my stereo.

But I wanted to put my Echo back on my desk and have something else play the music and just use the Echo to control it.

I had a Chromecast Audio and a Plex server.

So I decided to have some fun.

I installed the Plex skill for Alexa and linked it to my account. I then launched Plex Web, and connected to my Chromecast Audio and was able to use voice command to play music on my stereo from Plex Web using the Chromecast Audio. As long as I leave Chrome running with Plex Web on it, I'm able to play any album, artist or song I want. I didn't try genres yet.

Color me impressed....

Comments

• SiscoPlexSiscoPlex Posts: 961Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

yup works great for audio.... not as much for videos right now