If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

TerraMaster F4-220 Media Server not found by Plex app.

JonMBJonMB Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass

I installed the Plex Media Server app that was included in my purchase of the NAS but the plex web app is reporting that no server can be found. The installation had no issues. I have uninstalled and re-installed twice with no luck. Has anyone gotten this installed successfully on the TerraMaster?

Answers

• JonMBJonMB Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass

Sorry. My question should be .. Has anyone gotten the web app to identify the TerraMaster Plex media server?

• callindercallinder Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Check out https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/200264746-Quick-Start-Step-by-Step-Guides which gives a simple step-by-step guide on how to setup the Plex Media Server on a variety of platforms. After installing Plex on your NAS the media server is started so you can connect to it from any PC on your network; at home I'd guess.

• mcdavidfamilymcdavidfamily Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Terra-master Support

I have got Plex on my Terramaster and now it is working great. If you have problems with it, I have found Terramaster's support darn near excellent. I had a problem and they had their tech remote in to fix it. At first, when I paired my NAS up with the HD Homerun Extend, it would buffer all the time. Now it is great! The only reason I wanted to write a line here was to say if you have problems get in contact with them at: support_us@terra-master.com. Doris has been quick to respond and get resolution.

cam