Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

External HDD not working with Linux Distros (Tried with Ubuntu and CentOS so far)

G0neR0gueG0neR0gue Posts: 14Members Plex Pass

I went through this guide to install Plex on a CentOS, it worked perfectly fine. I have a Plex Server up and running.

However, I am having issues with my external drive folders not shown while choosing the folders to add in a library.

I saw plenty (many many many) of articles describing the issue and providing the solutions, however, none of them worked in my case. I was having the same issue on Ubuntu as well where I have tried with fresh installation 3 times.

It looks like the Linux distros are having the same issues. Can anyone here help me with troubleshooting the issue? I am pretty sure I have made all the proper changes but I know I am missing something because of which, I can't add my media using my external drive.

Help :'(

Best Answer

Answers