Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

No HDR for Plex app?

ppkhoappkhoa Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited August 20 in Xbox One

Hi all,

I tested HDR on Xbox One using this file: http://files.hdrsamples.com/downloads/hdr/Life_of_ Pi_draft_Ultra-HD_HDR.mp4 (publicly available HDR sample)

Here's the result: Movies & TV app on Xbox can play the file and triggered HDR on my TV (copied onto a thumb drive and plug it into the XB1).
I tried streaming the file through Plex, even though it came up as Direct Play on the server side (nothing was being transcoded), HDR did not activate on my TV. Plex does not support HDR content on Xbox One? Or does Plex stripped HDR metadata from the file when streamed?

Answers

• davediffdavediff Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm running into the same issue. My TV is 2017 Vizio M65-E0. This would be on an Xbox One S as its currently the only way to play 4k and/or HDR content on an Xbox One. I've been able to stream the same 4K + HDR video to the same TV with the Plex app for Nvidia Shield and it triggers the HDR. When I stream to the Xbox One Plex app it does not trigger HDR. Other HDR content on the XBox One S (i.e. Netflix, Amazon Video) plays fine and triggers the HDR mode of the television. Is this a known issue?

• ppkhoappkhoa Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Mine is Vizio M65-D0, last year model. It seems that Plex does not trigger/stream HDR content.