If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Feature Request: Add/(give back) subtitle font selection option

glisoniglisoni Posts: 5Members ✭✭

Hi guys.

I am using PMP on both win and LGTV and one thing really annoys me - there is no option to change subtitle font.
I have cyrillic subtitles on a lot of movies, and italic typeface is incorrect in basic arial font that PMP uses.
On PHT we had an option to select/change the font but now it is gone.

Please advise if it is possible to change the default font in PMP, or include(return) the option to manually select the font.

best regards
glisoni

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• OttoKernerOttoKerner Posts: 25,767Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Encode your subtitles in UTF-8 and the 'cyrillic' problem vanishes and subtitles will appear in very plex client correctly.

There are ways to convert all SRT files at once.

Help others too - by reporting back with your results!
    Have you checked the Documentation before posting a question in the forums?
    Use the SEARCH function before starting a new thread!
    No PMs unless requested, please! Do not use 'verbose' logging
  • glisoniglisoni Posts: 5Members ✭✭

The problem is not in encoding (btw all my subs are in unicode), but in default Arial font, which have incorrect italic typeface for cyrilic. Arial unicode is correct, btw...plex.ttf from old PHT also is good...

br
    glisoni

• glisoniglisoni Posts: 5Members ✭✭

Thank you Otto, this was exactly what I needed, for Win version of PMP.
    Now just to find the same solution for LGTV version....