If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Casting iTunes channel to ChromeCast fails from iOS Plex app

I recently bought a ChromeCast Audio and I would like to be able use my iPhone to cast my iTunes music collection to it. When I use the Plex iOS app and select my ChromeCast, the song doesn't play and I eventually get the error message on my iPhone Plex app, "Uh-oh! Something went wrong playing your media. Please try again."

From my Windows 10 Plex server which also hosts the iTunes library, I am able to successfully cast music to the ChromeCast Audio.
From the iOS App, I am able to successfully cast other Plex channels (like PBS or movies not stored in iTunes) to the ChromeCast Audio.
From the iOS App, I am able to successfully play music from the Plex iTunes channel on the phone (i.e. while not casting)

I am using
iOS v10.3.3
Plex iOS App 4.16.1
Windows 10
iTunes 12.6.2.20
Asus RT-AC66u wireless router
All 3 devices are on the same local network subnet (192.168.0.xxx)

What do I need to do to be able to use the Plex iOS app to cast iTunes music to my Chrome Cast Audio?

Answers

• citron2010citron2010 Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm getting exactly this too. Let me know if I can help troubleshoot

• lmorris99lmorris99 Posts: 6Members ✭✭

Me too. I host Plex on my Mac but symptoms are the same: iphone can cast other channels, but cannot cast itunes channel.
    But it CAN play itunes channel locally on iphone.

• lmorris99lmorris99 Posts: 6Members ✭✭

Solved: I edited the Music Library, added Folder .../iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/;
    Save Changes. thne it spent a long time looking through that library the tracks it found across bottom of screen.
    I still can't chromecast from the itunes CHANNEL, but I CAN chromecast from Music, which now has all the same tracks.