If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Amazon Echo... Fails

andylee_me_ukandylee_me_uk Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm afraid that I cannot get the Echo to control PLEX to play TV shows... Music seems fine! For example:

Me: "Alexa, start PLEX"
Alexa: "Welcome back to PLEX, what would you like to do? You can say things like "play law and order special victims unit..."
Me: "Alexa, play law and order special victims unit"
Alexa: "I'm sorry, I couldn't find law and order special victims unit on your PLEX Server"
Me: "Alexa, what's on deck"
Alexa: "Here's what's on deck in your PLEX Library; law and order special victims unit and ballers"
Me: "Alexa, play law and order special victims unit"
Alexa: "I'm sorry, I couldn't find law and order special victims unit on your PLEX Server"

Me... reaches for AppleTV remote and selects SVU from "on Deck"

TV: "In the Criminal Justice System..."

Answers

• mearlinmearlin Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Exactly the same issue with NCIS.

• cwirickcwirick Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I’m having the EXACT SAME PROBLEM with ANY media (movies, tv shows, music) even though those files play without any problem when I manually find them on my Apple TV and despite my trying to use every imaginable title variation I can come up with... Alexa used to work with my Apple TV and PMS, but now she’s pretty worthless.