If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Mkv files micro-stuttering every 10 seconds on Roku 3 and LG G-pad

gregry20gregry20 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

About 5-6 weeks ago I noticed that my Mkv files started doing a microstutter every 10 seconds or so. My server version is 1.8.1.4139. I have no issues with any other file types. Oddly enough some of my devices do NOT stutter at all and playback is smooth.

Devices with micro-stuttering on MKV files
Roku 3 - wired
Roku 3 - wired
Roku Stick (3600R) - wifi
LG G-pad android plex app - wifi

Devices with NO micro-stuttering on MKV files
3 Windows 10 PC's web app (using chrome) - wired
3 Windows 10 PC's Plex app from Windows Store - wired
LG G6 smartphone android plex app - wireless

This is my first post and I've been using Plex for about 3 years now. I've gone through the player settings on each device/app and don't see anything different amongst them.

My router is the NETGEAR Nighthawk R7000 so I doubt that is a bottle-neck.

my server is running on the below and is inside my home network.

I've unplugged my Roku's for an hour each and rebooted to see if that would help. No luck. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling my gpad plex app. No luck.

Any advice or guidance on how to figure out what changed would be much appreciated.

Thanks

G