If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

OFDB plugin PROBLEM under Windows Server 2012

rossiniorrossinior Posts: 205Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi guys,

Lately, the OFDB opened up for TV series and I hoped to get the same benefits for my German TV series libaries as for my movie libaries (German critics ratings, German titles, German FSK ratings).

I have two PMS servers. One is running under QNAP and one is running under Windows server 2012.

PMS server software: Both PMS are v1.8.1 (most actual Plex Pass version). Both server settings are exactly the same.

Plugin: Both PMS have the most actual OFDB plugin enabled (checked the plugin's code for the latest changes).

Libraries: Both PMS have TV series libraries configured to use TheTVDB agent and are configured as "German" language.

THETVDB agent:
Both agents are configured exactly the same way with the OFDB plugin on top (before TheTVDB) with all checkboxes checked. I installed the QNAP version long time ago and it properly self-updated to the most recent version. I just installed it under Windows PMS a few days ago because the Windows PMS does not have any Movie libraries.

The Problem:
On QNAP, when I refresh the metadata of a TV series which already has been properly identified, I get the OFDB metadata (which can be easily identified with the FSK rating which has been changed recently from "de/xy" to "FSK xy".

If doing the exact same thing on the same series on my Windows server, I do NOT get the OFDB metadata. In fact, I never get these OFDB data for any series under Windows.

Oh, and I restarted the Windows server machine including Plex PMS already.

It seems that OFDB plugin is either missing something, or has a rights problem or whatever...
Can somebody help me to get to the root of my problem?

Thank you in advance.

My plex settings:

16TB QNAP PMS, 8 TB Buffalo Win2k12 PMS - 3x FireTV(2nd gen), 1x Android tablet, 1x Samsung S6 (Music, Movie, TV show libraries)

My "small" feature wishes:
-* multiple parallel filters using an advanced mechanism (AND/OR/NOT) combine different categories when using filters
-* better collection (not only as a meta tag, movie grouping, searchable)
-* user defined meta tags which can be assigned to standard tags but which do not get lost when updating the data (example) [I want to add "James Bond" to all James Bond movie titles without marking the titles as not changable; I would add information on different versions (Uncut, Extended, DC) of a movie to the movie title, I would like to add the role of a character, I want to add a user defined collection name without marking the standard field as not changable]
-* flag to limit my search to the actual library which I am in when doing a search
-* German plex skill for Alexa

Best Answer

• rossiniorrossinior Posts: 205Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

Just cleared the pliug-ins caches, deleted the framework.bundle plus the services.bundle and did a repair install on Windows.

After a couple of minutes... it worked. Problem solved.

My plex settings:

16TB QNAP PMS, 8 TB Buffalo Win2k12 PMS - 3x FireTV(2nd gen), 1x Android tablet, 1x Samsung S6 (Music, Movie, TV show libraries)

-* multiple parallel filters using an advanced mechanism (AND/OR/NOT) combine different categories when using filters
    -* user defined meta tags which can be assigned to standard tags but which do not get lost when updating the data (example) [I want to add "James Bond" to all James Bond movie titles without marking the titles as not changable; I would add information on different versions (Uncut, Extended, DC) of a movie to the movie title, I would like to add the role of a character, I want to add a user defined collection name without marking the standard field as not changable]
    -* flag to limit my search to the actual library which I am in when doing a search

Answers

• sander1sander1 Channel Developer/Admin Posts: 3,710Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    edited August 22

Please refresh an item in your library (on the Windows install) and then grab the log file com.plexapp.agents.ofdb.log.

Ref: Channel Log Files

Here you go.

My plex settings:

Any news on this?

My plex settings:

It looks like there is a problem with Python from the Framework.bundle?!
    I am not able to trace it down... any help on that?

My plex settings:

Forgot: I am using the most actual version of PMS 1.8.3
    Did a fresh install of the OFDB plugin there via channel install button.

My plex settings:

• sander1sander1 Channel Developer/Admin Posts: 3,710Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

If you Google return Framework.objects.Redirect(self._core, handlers[0].prefix) you find 1 result only, but no solution. I don't know why PMS is requesting /root at all. It does not do that on my OSX install, for any agent. The only thing I can suggest is doing a fresh new install of PMS...

Accepted Answer

Just cleared the pliug-ins caches, deleted the framework.bundle plus the services.bundle and did a repair install on Windows.

My plex settings:

@rossinior said:

Excellent! Good to hear! Weird thing is, I just did an install of OFDB on my Windows 10 test machine and I get the exact same error in my log files! :neutral: