If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex stopped working on Xbox One out of nowhere.

SickGirl666SickGirl666 Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi there!
Here's what happened:
I was watching a series episode that froze on the screen, went back, tried resume playing, nothing happened.
Then I proceeded as usual when this happens, closed plex, to re-open and hit resume again.
The problem is, Plex won't even stay open for more than 3 secs now.
I hit launch, it launches and closes in a matter of seconds, then it stays on the home screen with resume on top, resume does the same as launching, stays open for 3 secs and closes.
Already tried to uninstall and reinstall and it doesn't fix the problem.
Attaching the Plex Media Server log text, where I was able to find this:"Aug 22, 2017 19:38:03.616 [24204] DEBUG - (Capabilities) Platform 'Xbox One' not matched by plugin platform requirements"
Does anybody else have this problem? What could've caused it? How do I fix it?
Can't live without Plex. :'(
Thanks in advance! <3 :*
Fernanda (SickGirl666)

Ikke maa den love aa vandre I mørket, Som ikke har sett natten

Answers

• Terry CinemasTerry Cinemas Posts: 916Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited August 23

@SickGirl666 said:
    Hi there!
    Here's what happened:
    I was watching a series episode that froze on the screen, went back, tried resume playing, nothing happened.
    Then I proceeded as usual when this happens, closed plex, to re-open and hit resume again.
    The problem is, Plex won't even stay open for more than 3 secs now.
    I hit launch, it launches and closes in a matter of seconds, then it stays on the home screen with resume on top, resume does the same as launching, stays open for 3 secs and closes.
    Already tried to uninstall and reinstall and it doesn't fix the problem.
    Attaching the Plex Media Server log text, where I was able to find this:"Aug 22, 2017 19:38:03.616 [24204] DEBUG - (Capabilities) Platform 'Xbox One' not matched by plugin platform requirements"
    Does anybody else have this problem? What could've caused it? How do I fix it?
    Can't live without Plex. :'(
    Thanks in advance! <3 :*
    Fernanda (SickGirl666)

If you notice it’s all games and apps. It’s happening to me too. Xbox Live is having issues

Chris

Old username: CMTAHM

- (4) Rokus
    - (3) iPads/ 1 mini
    - (1) Windows 7 x64 PMS
    - (1) PHT
    - (1) MacBook Pro
    - (1) GTV NSX-40GT1
    - (1) Kindle Fire HD
    - (3) iPhones

• Rickster128Rickster128 Posts: 19Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am having the exact same problem! Please help Plex!!!!!

• slayerinokcslayerinokc Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass

Same here! :-(

• aceman365aceman365 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm having the exact same problem. App won't start on the xbox one for more then a few seconds then back to home screen. This is happening on the apps - Plex, Twitch and Youtube. I've uninstalled and reinstalled all of them, restarted my xbox - even unplugged it from the wall - and these apps still won't work.

@aceman365 said:
    I'm having the exact same problem. App won't start on the xbox one for more then a few seconds then back to home screen. This is happening on the apps - Plex, Twitch and Youtube. I've uninstalled and reinstalled all of them, restarted my xbox - even unplugged it from the wall - and these apps still won't work.

@slayerinokc said:
    Same here! :-(

@Rickster128 said:
    I am having the exact same problem! Please help Plex!!!!!

Xbox Live is having issues. Plex requires Xbox Live to work. When Microsoft fixes Xbox Live, it will work

Chris

- (4) Rokus
    - (3) iPads/ 1 mini
    - (1) Windows 7 x64 PMS
    - (1) PHT
    - (1) MacBook Pro
    - (1) GTV NSX-40GT1
    - (1) Kindle Fire HD
    - (3) iPhones

The issue we should be talking about is the fact that Plex should not require live to work. Netflix and Hulu work fine right now. There is no reason Plex should have anything to do with Xbox Live

Chris

- (4) Rokus
    - (3) iPads/ 1 mini
    - (1) Windows 7 x64 PMS
    - (1) PHT
    - (1) MacBook Pro
    - (1) GTV NSX-40GT1
    - (1) Kindle Fire HD
    - (3) iPhones

• Rickster128Rickster128 Posts: 19Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Totally agree with Terry up there^^^

• mal68mal68 Posts: 121Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Terry Cinemas said:
    The issue we should be talking about is the fact that Plex should not require live to work. Netflix and Hulu work fine right now. There is no reason Plex should have anything to do with Xbox Live

Just another example of this

• SickGirl666SickGirl666 Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Terry Cinemas said:

If you notice it’s all games and apps. It’s happening to me too. Xbox Live is having issues

Actually, I was watching Amazon Videos now, it seems to be a problem with streaming, from pc to XBO, tried another app called Epix, which resembles Plex logo-wise, found out on the USA store(Brazil here). Happened the same thing.
    Using Netflix now, no problem at all.
    But thank you very much for your answer! :*

And it actually doesn't need live to work, unless I'm really mistaken, I think I used Plex on Xbox without live before.
    I remember thinking how cool it was to stream from my notebook to my XBO, without the internet working, just through wi-fi being connected.
    Live has been working fine here today, with one minor disconnect for like 5/10 seconds give or take.
    When everything normalises, I'm going to try to reproduce what I've mentioned above, to see if I'm going crazy or that really happened LOL

@SickGirl666 said:
    And it actually doesn't need live to work, unless I'm really mistaken, I think I used Plex on Xbox without live before.
    I remember thinking how cool it was to stream from my notebook to my XBO, without the internet working, just through wi-fi being connected.
    Live has been working fine here today, with one minor disconnect for like 5/10 seconds give or take.
    When everything normalises, I'm going to try to reproduce what I've mentioned above, to see if I'm going crazy or that really happened LOL

It does need live to work. I know this for a fact

Chris

- (4) Rokus
    - (3) iPads/ 1 mini
    - (1) Windows 7 x64 PMS
    - (1) PHT
    - (1) MacBook Pro
    - (1) GTV NSX-40GT1
    - (1) Kindle Fire HD
    - (3) iPhones

@Terry Cinemas said:

@SickGirl666 said:

@SickGirl666 said:

@Terry Cinemas said:

Actually, I was watching Amazon Videos now, it seems to be a problem with streaming, from pc to XBO, tried another app called Epix, which resembles Plex logo-wise, found out on the USA store(Brazil here). Happened the same thing.
    Using Netflix now, no problem at all.
    But thank you very much for your answer! :*

Yeah, those services don’t need Xbox love core services to run. That is why they work. None of my games/apps work. It’s all over the net. You can see for yourselves.... hope they fix it soon :(

Chris

- (4) Rokus
    - (3) iPads/ 1 mini
    - (1) Windows 7 x64 PMS
    - (1) PHT
    - (1) MacBook Pro
    - (1) GTV NSX-40GT1
    - (1) Kindle Fire HD
    - (3) iPhones

@Terry Cinemas said:

Oh, Okay! That's good to know!

@SickGirl666 said:

@Terry Cinemas said:

Sorry, reading this again seemed like I was being rude, which was in no way my intention lol

Chris

- (4) Rokus
    - (3) iPads/ 1 mini
    - (1) Windows 7 x64 PMS
    - (1) PHT
    - (1) MacBook Pro
    - (1) GTV NSX-40GT1
    - (1) Kindle Fire HD
    - (3) iPhones

@SickGirl666 said:

@Terry Cinemas said:

Here you go in case you wanted to read.
    http://forums.plex.tv/discussion/143143/so-xbox-live-is-down-i-am-signed-in-locally-and-i-can-39-t-use-plex

The devs never gave an answer as to why you need live services to work. But they never “fixed” it either. I hope the new app they are working on, does not require it.

Chris

- (4) Rokus
    - (3) iPads/ 1 mini
    - (1) Windows 7 x64 PMS
    - (1) PHT
    - (1) MacBook Pro
    - (1) GTV NSX-40GT1
    - (1) Kindle Fire HD
    - (3) iPhones

@Terry Cinemas said:

Sorry, reading this again seemed like I was being rude, which was in no way my intention lol

Oh, no worries! I knew it wasn't to be rude ;)

And now it finally opens, just:

"The following service is experiencing issues:

• Purchase and Content Usage

For a more complete description go to Xbox.com/status."

So, IT'S ALIVEEEEEEEE, but not really. :#