If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

New rasplex installation without keyboard

Admin-SchugartAdmin-Schugart Posts: 41Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hello
I don't have a keyboard
And I would like to use a new rasplex
I thought to use python "keyboard " function to emulate the keyboard to configure the rasplex but I don't succeed to log in ssh...
Maybe it is because ssh will be only usable after the first conf...
Do someone has an idea?
Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• videotecaCNSUvideotecaCNSU Posts: 309Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited August 23

I don't get what you are trying to do, you really dont need a keyboard to use the rasplex client if you are using a supported cec TV or some other kind of xbmc remote.

Plus you cant ssh from the rpi itself, shh sessions are a remote form of control and you can do that from any phone or tablet if you dont have a PC around

• mgbeukemamgbeukema Posts: 2Members

If you're asking if you can set up Rasplex without a keyboard, the answer is yes. If your tv has CEC, you can use the tv remote to navigate the setup.

• Admin-SchugartAdmin-Schugart Posts: 41Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yes I new the CEC but unfortunately it is a video projector that does not have the function.
    I am used to control the rasplex with the iPhone Plex app.
    And in this case I am trying to connect to the raspberry with a ssh app.
    It seems that ssh is not open. When I perform a scan port the 22 is not open....