Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Blurred image background has got to go

beckfieldbeckfield Posts: 3,850Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited August 24 in Plex Media Player

Did we not say it loudly enough when you put that damned blurry background all over the web app?

STOP PUTTING BLURRY BACKGROUNDS ALL OVER THE PLACE WHERE WE CAN'T TURN THEM OFF!

The more I look at the new PMP, the more pissed off I get.

Comments

• Xen0sysXen0sys Posts: 557Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Please - at least let users adjust the opacity % to their liking instead of pretending like you know best.

• WarmongerxWarmongerx Posts: 194Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I agree.

I actually miss the random posters PHT would pull from whatever selection you were in. E.g. If you were in TV shows, it would put a random TV show poster in the background and cycle through every few seconds. I really really loved that. As it hit on shows I may have forgotten about or spark a memory about it.

I would love to see that come back as an option.

i7-980, 12GB RAM, Windows 7 x 64, 33TB Plex Media Server in Coolermaster HAF 945 Stacker
    HTPC - Core i5, 8GB RAM, GTX 1050 Ti, SSD
    Denon X6200W Receiver
    Sony 75" XBR75X940D TV
    7.2 Definitive Technology and SVS Subwoofers

• mattseeleymattseeley HawaiiPosts: 1,344Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

The background handling didn't change substantially in version Plex Media Player 2. Have you seen the dim option available in settings?

I actually miss the random posters PHT would pull from whatever selection you were in. E.g. If you were in TV shows, it would put a random TV show poster in the background and cycle through every few seconds. I really really loved that. As it hit on shows I may have forgotten about or spark a memory about it.

Nice suggestion @Warmongerx.

(Please no private messages for support unless requested, please)

• beckfieldbeckfield Posts: 3,850Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited August 24

@mattseeley said:
    The background handling didn't change substantially in version Plex Media Player 2. Have you seen the dim option available in settings?

Yes, and my PMP has been set to Dim since forever. But that setting only affects the Movie Detail page, Music Artist/Album page, and Photo libraries below the top level. It does not affect the pages that were recently infected with the blurry background since PMS 1.4 was released, including the Home page, and the landing page for any library. (please follow the link I provided in my OP for the history on this)

• mattseeleymattseeley HawaiiPosts: 1,344Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

I see. Correct, the Dim/Blur setting only affect preplay (the ones you enumerated) screens.

(Please no private messages for support unless requested, please)

• beckfieldbeckfield Posts: 3,850Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I want, in all apps, the option to set the Background to 'None,' and I want that to apply to all pages.

• WarmongerxWarmongerx Posts: 194Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@mattseeley said:

Nice suggestion @Warmongerx.

Thanks :smile: That was one thing, to me, that I really liked about the old client. It'd be nice to get that as an option from the old PHT code.

i7-980, 12GB RAM, Windows 7 x 64, 33TB Plex Media Server in Coolermaster HAF 945 Stacker
    HTPC - Core i5, 8GB RAM, GTX 1050 Ti, SSD
    Denon X6200W Receiver
    Sony 75" XBR75X940D TV
    7.2 Definitive Technology and SVS Subwoofers

• Mum_&_DadMum_&_Dad Posts: 20Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I agree, everytime I go from a test of PMP and back to OpenPHT, with the Black Edition Skin,, the dimmed fanart in the details, and especially in the home screen, that rotates depending on category selected, is just plain nice! The blurs everywhere are dull, in PMP 2.x it's slow to load a dimmed BG in the details page too.

An option to choose would be the best, but bring them in everywhere.

Even with the new features of the PMP, the look of OpenPHT keeps me there.