If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

"There was a problem selecting this stream." Repeatedly pops up on on Chrome, Firefox, and Safari

triremetrireme Posts: 50Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited August 25 in OpenPHT

This only happens when controlling via https://app.plex.tv/, if I connect to my Plex Server direct IP it works just fine

Video plays fine in OpenPHT, and I can pause and control, but the popup never goes away.

PMS Version 1.8.1.4139

PMS on QNAP TS-451+
OpenPHT on Mac Pro 10.11.6
Plex Andriod on Sony Bravia XBR43X830C
Plex iOS on Apple Tv 4, iPhone SE, iPad Mini 2, iPad 3

Answers

• haywardbhaywardb Posts: 26Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am also seeing this error. A little more detail for the devs.

Server Version: 1.8.1.4139 (Didn't occur on previous 1.7.x version).
    Local Plex Web version: 3.14.1
    External Plex Web version: 3.18.2

The error only happens if using the Plex hosted web manager to remote control a OPHT client (1.8).
    If I remote control another client then no error and also no error if using the local web manager to any client including OPHT. Hoping this can be fixed before the local web client/manager gets updated.

haywardb

• sguillysguilly Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I also have this issue, does not affect the playback or remote control of OpenPHT, just get the annoying continuous popup in the Web manager that was used to initiate playback.

Same specs as, haywardb:

Server Version: 1.8.1.4139 (Didn't occur on previous 1.7.x version).
    Local Plex Web version: 3.14.1
    External Plex Web version: 3.18.2

• wadimwwadimw Posts: 1Members

Any luck solving this issue?

• triremetrireme Posts: 50Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    via Email
    unfortunately the latest update 1.8.3.4235 broke IP linked web interface for me as well... Will reboot everything and test some more, and downgrade.

On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 5:21 AM, wadimw > wrote:
    Plex Forums https://forums.plex.tv/
    wadimw answered your question: "There was a problem selecting this stream." Repeatedly pops up on on Chrome, Firefox, and Safari

Any luck solving this issue?

PMS on QNAP TS-451+

• gilgamexgilgamex Posts: 40Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same issue. I can no longer cast from my browser to play movies on OpenPHT (this is my preferred way to control it when in my office). I just get "There was a problem selecting this stream".

I guess I should rollback or finally see if Plex media player has gotten less terrible.

• haywardbhaywardb Posts: 26Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

A bit of an update from August. Upgraded the server the other day to almost the latest version. Now getting the error "There was a problem selecting the stream" popping up every 4 or so seconds when remote controlling OPHT. This occurs when using local & remote web client. OPHT plays the file just fine.

Server version: 1.8.4.4249
    Local Plex Web version: 3.20.5
    External Plex Web version: 3.20.5

haywardb

Still an issue after update to Plex Media Server 1.9.2.4285

PMS on QNAP TS-451+

This is still an issue with every new version since 1.8. Since Plex Media Player does not have this issue, I am thinking that the issue is with OpenPHT and that Plex is not going to be fixing this with a media server update. OpenPHT needs to be patched to work with Plex.

If this isn't resolved soon, I am going to be saying goodbye to OpenPHT and use Plex Media Player (as much as I don't want to).

via Email
    Plex Media Player is a very different beast and offers very few features compared to PHT. It's basically the same as the web player

On Oct 12, 2017, at 10:22 AM, gilgamex > wrote:

Plex Forums https://forums.plex.tv/
    gilgamex answered your question: "There was a problem selecting this stream." Repeatedly pops up on on Chrome, Firefox, and Safari

This is still an issue with every new version since 1.8. Since Plex Media Player does not have this issue, I am thinking that the issue is with OpenPHT and that Plex is not going to be fixing this with a media server update. OpenPHT needs to be patched to work with Plex.

If this isn't resolved soon, I am going to be saying goodbye to OpenPHT and use Plex Media Player (as much as I don't want to).

PMS on QNAP TS-451+

Well this issue still persists after updating OPHT to the newest version.

OPHT is now officially dead to me.