Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

openPHT seamless client

eqlipseeqlipse Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited August 30 in OpenPHT

Hi there!
I'm not a linux expert but have been using it for a few years now only to run kodibuntu and running some apps like sabnzbd, couchpotato, sickbeard in the background. I've recently made the move to Plex Media Server and use OpenPHT as a client.
What i want now is to make something similar to Kodibuntu. A seamless standalone version of OpenPHT.

So far i have installed ubuntu server 16.04 LTS and have managed to install Plex Media Server and OpenPHT with the help of some guides i found here.
I start my openpht with the following command: xinit openpht
openpht then starts full screen just the way i want it...

Now i've tried several things and just can't seem to get this to happen automatically during the boot.
I just want to power on the machine and have the OpenPHT app running a minute later without having to login or start commands...

Sorry if this has been answered before. I've read so many articles but just can't seem to get it to work. After boot i just get a login prompt....

How to??

Answers

• eqlipseeqlipse Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Anyone? or maybe know an alternative OS to accomplish this? (except windows...)