Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Upgraded to Plex Version 1.8.1.4139 but cannot stream Plex to my TV anymore but works on my desktop

wfegwfeg Posts: 4Members ✭✭

Plex has worked on my TV without problems for many months, but tonight, I upgraded to Plex on my Windows computer to Version 1.8.1.4139 and now I cannot stream Plex to my TV anymore. On my TV, I just get a message that says something like can't find the server(???), then 'Retry'. But clicking on 'Retry' does not make Plex work on my TV. Normally, when I have previously got this error message, I had forgotten to start Plex on my desktop computer (the Plex server).

But Plex works on my desktop, and I get an error 'Not available outside your network. Your server is signed in to Plex, but is not reachable from outside your network.' I get a red '!' next toe Remote Access.

I think that I always got a little green icon next to Remote Access previously.

I have rebooted both my router and my computer, but I get the same message. I have also looked at Advanced Settings in my router, but I can't see where it would indicate UPnP or NAT-PMP.

How do I get remote access to my TV from my computer again?

Answers

• mspeedermanmspeederman Posts: 5Members ✭✭

I've had this problem before, i dont remember how it got fixed but i remember did not change anything in the settings. I think i gave up and turn everything off. And later on it worked again.

I know both devices have to be on the same wifi connection. Turn everything off then restart the server first. good luck

not available outside network means that device is not connected to the same network as the plex server

how do you stream to your tv?

• wfegwfeg Posts: 4Members ✭✭
    via Email
    On Sat, 26 Aug 2017 at 22:03, mspeederman
    wrote:

> Plex Forums https://forums.plex.tv/
    > mspeederman answered your question: Upgraded to Plex Version 1.8.1.4139
    > but cannot stream Plex to my TV anymore but works on my desktop
    >
    > how do you stream to your tv?
    > There is a direct Ethernet connection from computer to router to TV.

I have found the problem- if I disabled the Windows Firewall for Private &
    Public, the problem disappeared. So, I made a Firewall exception for every
    Plex entry in the Firewall Exceptions table. Plex then worked on my TV.

The problem is what Plex entries should be ticked, and what Plex entries
    should be left unticked? Any clues? I can send an image if required.

Wfeg
  • ptmastersptmasters Posts: 2Members

On my QNAP I started to get this message: conversion failed - Transcoder crashed or failed to start. Any ideas