If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Possible for Drobo Plex Server accessing other drives on network?

tindivalltindivall Posts: 15Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have been running a Plex server on my PC for a few years.... Server on PC with 2 WD External Drives on the network that the server accesses for media.

I recently took the plunge and purchased a Drobo and installed the Plex Media Server on there. At this time I don't have the storage capacity yet to move everything over. So for now I have moved movies over and am keeping my tv shows on one of the external drives.

Is there a way to make the Drobo Plex Server see the network and external drive? When I go into the menu to add tv shows and click browse folders it only gives me a listing of the Drobo iself and nothing else that I can access.

I have tried copying the ip address in there as well as the network address from my computer and neither worked.

Answers

• spikemixturespikemixture Posts: 1,369Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited August 27

That's a drobo issue -nothing to do with PLEX.

I have the 5N and while I can see the 5N on my network - the 5n cannot see the PCs and NAS on the same network.

Plex related : NAS Synology 1817+ & 1815+, 3x NUC (Skull i7, i5 & i3), Drobo 5N and 2 Nvidia Shields - 2017 and 2015 Pros
    Client hardware used or using - Shield 2015 (pro and 16gb) and 2017 pro, ATV4, Xbox 360 and one, Fire stick and TV, windows PMP, Raspberry PI, Roku Stick and 3 and 4 plus several Android Phones and Tablets.

I give MY opinion from MY experience!

So much importance is put on the processing power of your PMS box.
    I say equal or more should be put on correctly formatting and optimizing your media !

• tindivalltindivall Posts: 15Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yes I am aware it is a Drobo issue. I posted in the Drobo section because it is a Drobo issue, in the hopes that someone who has a Drobo Plex Server had experienced the same issue and knew how to fix it.

• jonderakjonderak Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Is this still an issue? I have two Drobo's and one has PMS running. The other Drobo (#2) is a file/back-up server with all my pictures. With the new picture features I created a library for pic's and I'm trying to point to #2 but cannot see it or find anyway to mount it. Does anyone have any suggestions besides copying them over to PMS Drobo #1?

• spikemixturespikemixture Posts: 1,369Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@jonderak said:
    Is this still an issue? I have two Drobo's and one has PMS running. The other Drobo (#2) is a file/back-up server with all my pictures. With the new picture features I created a library for pic's and I'm trying to point to #2 but cannot see it or find anyway to mount it. Does anyone have any suggestions besides copying them over to PMS Drobo #1?

Yes it is still an issue
    You option is use #1 as PMS and storage. #2 is your backup!

Plex related : NAS Synology 1817+ & 1815+, 3x NUC (Skull i7, i5 & i3), Drobo 5N and 2 Nvidia Shields - 2017 and 2015 Pros
    Client hardware used or using - Shield 2015 (pro and 16gb) and 2017 pro, ATV4, Xbox 360 and one, Fire stick and TV, windows PMP, Raspberry PI, Roku Stick and 3 and 4 plus several Android Phones and Tablets.

I give MY opinion from MY experience!

So much importance is put on the processing power of your PMS box.
    I say equal or more should be put on correctly formatting and optimizing your media !