If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

There are two features which don't seem to work on the Shield?

NinaMomNinaMom Posts: 10Members ✭✭
  1. Voice Search: From the Shield home screen, voice search doesn't show results from Plex. For example, with Kodi, a voice search from the home screen shows results from Kodi and lets you launch into the movie details directly inside Kodi.
  2. Content from Plex isn't featured on the Android TV Leanback Launcher homescreen.

Any ideas how to get this to work?

Best Answer

Answers

• kegobeer-plexkegobeer-plex Posts: 5,324Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    1. When I voice search for a title that's in my Plex server collection, it doesn't appear next to the Google Play or YouTube section, but it does appear a few rows down. Plex has it's own row.
    2. Previously watched content shows up on my Shield TV homescreen.

What version of Plex client are you running (and what version of Plex server, if you use your Shield as your server)?

Where are my log files?

How do I properly name my media files?

NVIDIA SHIELD SMB/NAS Sharing How-To - / - NVIDIA SHIELD Support Documents

Plex Server: 1.8.0 running on ThinkServer TS140 w/Server 2012 R2 Essentials
    Primary Plex Player: Shield TV, always the latest beta build, always the latest firmware revision

• NinaMomNinaMom Posts: 10Members ✭✭

Nvidia Shield TV: 7.0 (it has Google Assistant integration now)

Plex version: 5.6.1.505

Plex Server: Version 1.9.2.4285

I have been searching for movies that are in my library.

I'm now seeing Plex content on the top row of my Nvidia Shield TV home screen. But, searches still don't work?

• NinaMomNinaMom Posts: 10Members ✭✭