Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[Bug] Multipart movies - wrong subtitle for part 2

costinrcostinr Posts: 16Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi,

There is a problem with subtitles and multi-part movies (playing multipart movies was a previous bug for kodi addon).

Assuming there is a 2 part movie:

movie-cd1.avi
movie-cd1.eng.srt
movie-cd2.avi
movie-cd2.eng.srt

plex addon for kodi selects the first subtitle when playing the second part (it plays movie-cd2.avi but with movie-cd1.eng.srt subtitle).

The other clients are working as expected.

Thanks,

Comments

• keithahkeithah Posts: 1,294Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Can you post a kodi log? Be sure to enable debugging.

• costinrcostinr Posts: 16Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'll do it, thank you.

@keithah

I've sent the log in PM. pastebin doesn't accept logs greater than 512k, so it was easier this way.

Thank you,

• keithahkeithah Posts: 1,294Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    edited August 31

Ohh, this is where that PM came from.

I will make an issue for it, but first can you just attach the file, or upload it to gist.github.com, pastebin.com, etc? It got cut off.

Sorry, I was in a hurry, it was the fastest way...

I've sent a link with the log in PM (multipart movies subtitles are not working as expected).

Thank you,

Issue made! https://github.com/plexinc/plex-for-kodi/issues/123 thanks for reporting.