If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[Rasplex 1.7.1] Rasplex won't let 7.1 passthrough, automatic downgrade to 5.1

fordfocushsfordfocushs Posts: 56Members ✭✭
edited August 29 in Rasplex

Hey guys,

I'm struggling with an issue with my audio set up.

My set up is as follow : NAS Synology with PMS 1.8.1.4139 --- Rasplex 1.7 --- Sony RVX465 amplifier --- Sony MDR-HW700DS --- TV

My audio configuration in Rasplex is : 7.1, passthrough, AC3, DTS enabled, output configuration optimized or best match.

The issue : When I'm reading a 7.1 DTS file, I have my AC receiver and my headphone receiver showing that the received audio track is DTS 5.1.

What I already did to troubleshoot this:
-Skip the Sony RVX amplifier, directly connected to Sony MDR it is shown as 5.1. --> Not the AC receiver issue
- If I play the same file from my Mac to the AC receiver, both the Sony MDR and RVX amplifier show the audio track as DTS 7.1 --> Not an audio track issue
- If I set up the output configuration to "Fixed", then it is well shown as DTS 7.1... even when I read 5.1 track...

I really don't understand why Rasplex does not allow a real passthrough audio.

If you have any guidance to troubleshoot this, it will be much appreciated !

Thanks in advance!

PS : same issue with Rasplex 1.8

The audio track info from Plex:
Codec DCA
Chaînes 7.1
Langue English
Audio Channel Layout 7.1
Bit Depth 24
Bitrate Mode VBR
Durée 2:21:37
Profile ma
Sampling Rate 48000 Hz