If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Vizio Smartcast 4k

When will you be adding support to properly recognize Vizio smartcast TVs such as the 2016+ P and M-series so that they can play 4k video?

Best Answer

Answers

• jfgibbinsjfgibbins Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Bueller? Bueller?

Does staff even monitor these forums? These TVs have been out for years supporting 4k, and the plex doesn't even recognize them correctly.

that is helpful, though would be nice if they still fixed the cast function, i use an old android phone as a universal remote for everything, and I'd prefer to stick with one remote for the whole house, rather than go back to multiple remotes again....it seems so 20th century, let me just grab my old vcr, dvd, blue-ray and stereo remotes and have a nostalgia party, lol

the smartcast/plex app was a failure. still transcodes everything 4k down. In addition, using smartcast apps just plain sucks. Using chrome, not counting actually picking my show, I can be casting in two clicks, and a 1 second or so wait. Using the vizio smartcast crap, it's at least 15 clicks, more if I click to fast, and even more if plex gets pushed even further down the list, and a long long wait before the smartcast plex app even loads. How about plex just fixes their client recognition and cast properly in the first place.

• Viper007BondViper007Bond Posts: 54Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I've been playing 4K content on my P65-E1 via the native app with no problems. It's not transcoding it down to a lower resolution.