If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

What in the world is going on?

I have a Synology DS416play+ and updated the OS, updated Plex and all my apps and I can't get Plex to run on ANYTHING. Won't run on computer, Apple TV, Iphone.....Nothing...What in the world has happened to PLEX.....

Answers

• BigWheelBigWheel Posts: 10,010Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

can you please provide more info. all of those run different apps. what do you mean by "doesn't run"? the apps don't open?

Logs > https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201869908-Log-Files
  • colinwinterbornecolinwinterborne Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Keep getting Error encountered while retrieving hubs when trying to load home screen or There was an unexpected error loading the dashboard. Please visit our forums if you continue to experience problems. After the last update on Raspberry Pi have recently moved to Raspian stretch.

Any help would be great. Tell me what you need as in the way of logs(you may need to explain how to get them) and it will try and post.

• mike4001mike4001 Posts: 556Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@BigWheel said:
    can you please provide more info. all of those run different apps. what do you mean by "doesn't run"? the apps don't open?

Why bother?

You are not updating the app anyone?

Is there a point to send feedback at this point?

• tracy@menardinfosystems.comtracy@menardinfosystems.com Posts: 3Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Sorry I have been MIA. I am having the same problem as collinwiterborne. On my Windows PC (W10) Plex opens but I can't get any library's to open. Get "There was an unexpected error loading this library
    Please visit our forums if you continue to experience problems"

• tracy@menardinfosystems.comtracy@menardinfosystems.com Posts: 3Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Then I get this when trying to refresh metadata - This server cannot reach the Internet. Please verify connectivity and try again.

• chaosmakerchaosmaker Posts: 417Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi tracy,

First things first. Can you connect via the web interface to your server? Is your server in the cloud or do you run it on a computer somewhere on your local network. On the web interface can you watch anything? do you have other devices that work with your plex server? Is it only the W10 app that doesn't work?

Now once you tell me it is only the W10 app that doesn't work then let me know the following:
    Has it ever worked?
    What machine does it run on? Laptop? Desktop? What processor?
    Can you close the app and delete everything from "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\CAF9E577.Plex_aam28m9va5cke"

Restart the app and let us know whats going on.