If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex is literally the worst

dakremerdakremer Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have a Seagate Homecloud with Plex server downloaded on it. I use it exclusively for my movies/Plex. Not sure why I am paying for Plex - it can never find the server, whenever there's an update available, everything stops working. Its 2017 - things should just work. The forums are absolutely no help, and I can never find answers on how to get things working. PLEASE someone from Plex get a hold of me, or let me know how I can CALL AND SPEAK TO SOMEONE, otherwise my subscription is canceled. Can't stand it anymore.

Comments

• spikemixturespikemixture Posts: 1,563Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

NO one will call you ! That is not how Plex/pass/support works.

If the forums are "absolutely no help" 2 things come to mind.
    1. You are asking the wrong question.
    2. You are not giving enough information!

Just like this post !
    Yes it's frustrating when things don't work as you want.
    I would say 99% of the people posting here are here because something didn't work for them !!

We could take a poll and see how many got the answer they needed!

Plex related : NAS Qnap TVS-1282, (Plex server & main storage) Synology 1817+ (backup Plex server & backup storage), 2x NUC (Skull i7 , i5), Drobo 5N and 2 Nvidia Shield Pros (backup Plex servers)(2017 and 2015)
    Client hardware used or using - Shield 2015 pro and 2017 pro, ATV4, Xbox 360 and one, Fire stick and TV, windows PMP, Raspberry PI, Roku Stick, 3 and 4 plus several Android Phones and Tablets.

I give MY opinion from MY experience!

So much importance is put on the processing power of your PMS box.
    I say equal or more should be put on correctly formatting and optimizing your media !

• umiq88umiq88 Posts: 160Members, Plex Pass, TunerTester Plex Pass

Plex isn't plug and play it requires some knowledge of computers and networking and some care and attention.

Break it into step by step, read through the FAQs and use the forums. You'll get there. When making forums posts its useful to keep to facts and be concise and use bullet points. People (remember these are ordinary users like you and not paid customer support) generally get put off by long wordy whingy posts.

If you want something that will just work go with iTunes, Netflix, Playstore but you'll pay for the privilege.

Plex is what it is and its great. But it's not for everyone.

• dakremerdakremer Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I use plex because its the only way I know how to share my movies with my family, and watch movies from my server when I'm not at home. I grew up with computers, but am not computer savy (coding, understanding the more complicated stuff). Plex always has trouble finding my server, even though it's installed ON the server, and plugged directly into my wifi. Also since the update, my "friends" can no longer access my media

• sa2000sa2000 Posts: 31,253Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

Best way to get help when there are problems is to look first at the support web site https://support.plex.tv and if need to seek help to get some debug logs posted with description of the problem and when and some screenshots

See
    https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201643703-Reporting-issues-with-Plex-Media-Server
    https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/200250417-Plex-Media-Server-Log-Files

Help given free on forums.            Fee-Based Personal Support & Help.        

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Plex Support Information              Troubleshooting               FAQs

Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

Please do not send logs by Private Message unless specifically requested to

• spikemixturespikemixture Posts: 1,563Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited September 2017

@dakremer said:
    I use plex because its the only way I know how to share my movies with my family, and watch movies from my server when I'm not at home. I grew up with computers, but am not computer savy (coding, understanding the more complicated stuff). Plex always has trouble finding my server, even though it's installed ON the server, and plugged directly into my wifi. Also since the update, my "friends" can no longer access my media

bold above !
    Might be a good starting point!

and you are still giving NO information

Plex related : NAS Qnap TVS-1282, (Plex server & main storage) Synology 1817+ (backup Plex server & backup storage), 2x NUC (Skull i7 , i5), Drobo 5N and 2 Nvidia Shield Pros (backup Plex servers)(2017 and 2015)
    Client hardware used or using - Shield 2015 pro and 2017 pro, ATV4, Xbox 360 and one, Fire stick and TV, windows PMP, Raspberry PI, Roku Stick, 3 and 4 plus several Android Phones and Tablets.

I give MY opinion from MY experience!

So much importance is put on the processing power of your PMS box.
    I say equal or more should be put on correctly formatting and optimizing your media !

• dakremerdakremer Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

my remote access is no longer working. Nothing has changed except I updated Plex. Any help?

• sa2000sa2000 Posts: 31,253Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

Would not be possible to look into your issue from just the screenshot

Lets start by looking at the logs - after restarting the server and disabling and re-enabling Remote Access. Please leave 20 seconds between disabling and re-enabling and please click on show advanced so rest of the settings can be seen.

Ensure debug logging enabled]
    See https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201643703-Reporting-issues-with-Plex-Media-Server

Restart the server
    Click on Show Advanced on settings remote access page
    Disable Remote Access
    Wait 20 seconds
    Enable Remote Access
    Wait 5 minutes
    If problem remains, capture the logs and attach with the full screenshot

See https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/200250417-Plex-Media-Server-Log-Files

What version was the update from?

Help given free on forums.            Fee-Based Personal Support & Help.        

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Plex Support Information              Troubleshooting               FAQs

Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

Please do not send logs by Private Message unless specifically requested to