If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Bug: iPad Pro 12.9 & 10.5 issue with scrolling

Dr ToneDr Tone Posts: 148Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited December 2017 in Plex Web App

I recently picked up an iPad Pro 12.9" and I've notice that if you don't put your finger in just the correct place the movie and tv lists won't scroll, the whole page just bounces. If you wait a bit it will then accept your input and let you scroll a bit but then locks up again.

I'm not sure if it's exact finger placement that is the issue or if something is still happening behind the scene and it's not accepting scrolling input. It's certainly wonky and a bit unpredictable.

Scrolling works fine and rather flawless on my 9.7" and my iPhone so not sure what it is about the 12.9" that causes the issue.

Answers

• Brick AdminBrick Admin Posts: 89Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yep, mentioned the same here a couple of months ago https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/280560/cannot-scroll-on-ipad-pro-12-9-2nd-gen#latest

If you zoom out (you have to program a JavaScript bookmark) about 5 clicks until the text is tiny then scrolling seems to work ok’ish.

• Dr ToneDr Tone Posts: 148Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Since you have confirmed it for me, I've put bug in the title. Maybe someone will notice now.

@chrishoage Have you seen this issue?

• chrishoagechrishoage Posts: 179Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

None of us have a 12.9" iPad to test on, and it works just fine on the iPads we do have.

Unfortunately I can not reproduce the issue.

edited September 2017

@chrishoage said:
    None of us have a 12.9" iPad to test on, and it works just fine on the iPads we do have.

It works fine on my regular ipad as well. How about the 12.9 ipad simulator in xcode?

• timstephens24timstephens24 Posts: 366Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited September 2017

@chrishoage said:

This happens on the iPad Pro 10.5" as well. Even when it does scroll, if I stop and then try to start again I'll get the bouncing error for awhile and then eventually I'll be able to start scrolling again until I stop to look at something else and then the same error. It happens all the time.

Denon X4200W 5.2.4 --> LG OLED65C6P
    Apple TV 4K -- Channels App for TV+DVR
    HDHomeRun Quatro
    NVIDIA SHIELD Pro // XB1X // PS4
    ===== SYNOLOGY DS1815+ DS513 =====

timstephens24

• wollegwolleg Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I can confirm the problem on my iPad Pro 12.9“. :-(

• abrahtgabrahtg Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I can confirm the issue aswell, I have an iPad Pro 12.9” and iOS 11

edited November 2017

@chrishoage

Any progress on this one? Certainly there is a 10.5 or 12.9 pro available for debugging from some Plex team member by now.

Bump. Come on. This is driving me nuts and causing me to have to get up off my ass and go to the computer when working on my library.

• jamesbulljamesbull Posts: 25Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I can confirm the issue as well. Any scrolling required in PLEX’s UI is broken. I’m stuck with what’s on the screen on page load, above the fold.

Running 12.9 iPad Pro w/ iOS 11.1.

Happy to help test if needed.

• ruseriousruserious Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I’ve found if I randomlly tap the screen then try scolling again it sometimes works. This has been an annoying issue for a year or so.

• Dom CDom C Plex Employee Posts: 1,232Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Certainly there is a 10.5 or 12.9 pro available for debugging from some Plex team member by now

Hehe. It's tempting, but no, none of our (small, and geographically dispersed) team have an iPad Pro :lol: I've reached out to one of our iOS colleagues for help on this. We'll let you know what we can find. Thanks!

• timstephens24timstephens24 Posts: 366Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I came to post about this again. It's very frustrating trying to use the web interface.

Denon X4200W 5.2.4 --> LG OLED65C6P
    Apple TV 4K -- Channels App for TV+DVR
    HDHomeRun Quatro
    NVIDIA SHIELD Pro // XB1X // PS4
    ===== SYNOLOGY DS1815+ DS513 =====

timstephens24

• Dom CDom C Plex Employee Posts: 1,232Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

We've reproduced this issue in the iOS simulator - so have raised an issue to get this looked at. Thanks!

@Dom C any update on this?

I'm afraid not. We're planning to take a further look later this month.

• minimurrminimurr Posts: 1Members

I've notced the same scrolling issues with the ipad pro 12.9 2nd gen. on a lot of web-based sites, (especially data grids displayed in frames) while using Safari, chrome... any browser...not sure about plex on it, don’t use it on my 12.9. I have this locked scrolling issues while in landscape mode only.

Can any of you with this issue confirm that rotating your ipad to portrait mode corrects this scrolling issue? I have had an escalated case number logged on this issue running with apple's top tier of support since October.

It doesn’t happen on 1st gen 12.9 as far as I can tell.

@minimurr said:
    I've notced the same scrolling issues with the ipad pro 12.9 2nd gen. on a lot of web-based sites, (especially data grids displayed in frames) while using Safari, chrome... any browser...not sure about plex on it, don’t use it on my 12.9. I have this locked scrolling issues while in landscape mode only.

Can any of you with this issue confirm that rotating your ipad to portrait mode corrects this scrolling issue? I have had an escalated case number logged on this issue running with apple's top tier of support since October.

It doesn’t happen on 1st gen 12.9 as far as I can tell.

Persons mentioned the issue on these forums before the second generation 12.9 was released so yes the issue exists on the first gen as well.

The only site I have an issue with is the plex web app. I've never encountered the scrolling issue on any other site.

I'll try portrait tonight.

• Brick AdminBrick Admin Posts: 89Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Portrait mode does seem to work for me.