Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

First-run experience and menu z-levels

dgwdgw Posts: 56Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited August 31 in Plex for Kodi

Thought I'd give the Kodi add-on a try, for a break from PMP 2.1 preview, and there is definitely some wonkiness going on even with the latest update.

First of all, for some reason it defaulted to Plex Cloud even though there is no content at all in my cloud instance. It also took the better part of a minute to even let me click on the menu to switch servers—having the animated three-dot waiting overlay blocked interaction with anything else. Then when I finally got the server menu up, this happened:

The menu should be on top of anything that appears in the regular browse UI. It does for actual content, but I guess this is an edge case that wasn't noticed (or I just have more shared servers than most people).

Tagged:

Comments

• keithahkeithah Posts: 1,294Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Are you using the default Kodi skin?

• dgwdgw Posts: 56Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yes, this was a completely fresh install of Kodi using the defaults for everything. Ran the Kodi installer (stable, 17.x IIRC), started Kodi, installed the Plex add-on, and logged in.

• keithahkeithah Posts: 1,294Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Strange, never seen that. A log would be useful.