Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

LG OLED 2017 app updage?

Anyone know if LGs Plex app will ever be updated? Keeps transcoding everything. Android and iOS apps are so much better.

Tagged:

Answers

• danielpontedanielponte Posts: 152Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

No kidding.. I just bought a LG B7P and noticed my Plex App is dated 2016/09/07 (version 2.1)... none of my HEVC 4K works as it should (Direct Play/Direct Stream) and my server doesnt have enough power to transcode...

• oh_melioh_meli Posts: 1Members

Still on version 2.1.0 (lg) while Samsung TV has already got the new version. Don't think they have released a version for lg yet

Same here.

• HovverdHovverd Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Can we get any kind of update from Plex staff, it's pretty BS that we have to use a 3rd party app to play video formats that our TVs natively support from Plex.

• enigma2kenigma2k Posts: 2Members

On my LG 55B6 TV I get for some 4k movies in XPlay the error message: " the video could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported"
    Anybody knows what is causing this? I don't get this message if I'm using the Xplay on my LG 55B7 TV or Mac Plex Player. this only happens on the LG 55B6 (2016 model)

via Email
    No idea.. I have a B7 and it plays everything Direct Played on XPLAY...

Plex devs, help us!

Em 10 de set de 2017 13:29, "enigma2k"
    escreveu:
  • ilkinandr92ilkinandr92 Posts: 3Members

@enigma2k said:
    On my LG 55B6 TV I get for some 4k movies in XPlay the error message: " the video could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported"
    Anybody knows what is causing this? I don't get this message if I'm using the Xplay on my LG 55B7 TV or Mac Plex Player. this only happens on the LG 55B6 (2016 model)

Think asking in the Xplay thread will provide a better support than here.