If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Installed PMP 2 (Win10), all video displays at 480x270

kevin@goodbull.orgkevin@goodbull.org Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I installed PMP 2 on my win 10 box and now all video whether 720p or 1080p sources displays at a crappy 480x270. I have streaming set to allow direct play and quality set to Original. Before the upgrade, these all played correctly. I uninstalled PMP2 and reinstalled 1.3.5, but I still have the same display issues. Has anyone else seen this issue? All my other clients still seem to display things correctly, so I don't think it's anything to do with the server, but only the client.

Tagged:

Answers

• kevin@goodbull.orgkevin@goodbull.org Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

OK, I figured it out. The company recently quick using Norton Security and Firewall and switched to Windows Firewall and Defender and the laptop. The change to Defender & Windows Firewall happened about the same time as my trying PMP2. The result had PMP seeing my server as a Remote server and my remote access was limited to 720K upload (I have DSL...).

I had to allow the application through the firewall and also manually configure the IP & Port of the local Plex Server. Now it seems to be back to normal and everything plays as expected.

• thedrunkenpumpkinthedrunkenpumpkin Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thanks for that! I seem to have fixed my issues using this technique :)