If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Support of upnp CDS:Search

number8.1number8.1 Posts: 95Members ✭✭

I'm trying, without success so far, to connect a DLNA renderer to Plex DLNA server. I'd like to know whether Plex supports the CDS:Search service. Thank you

• Niko_KNiko_K Posts: 18Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am not completely sure, but I guess that plex does not support CDS:Search.
    The reason I believe this is that people in the JRiver forum that tries to connect JRiver to plex said that it failes because plex does only support CDS:Browse, but not CDS:Search.

I could be wrong though, since the post is more than 2 years old (it is from 2015). However, I tries to connect JRiver to plex today and that still fails (although the error message is too generic to track it down to the CDS:Search service).

• number8.1number8.1 Posts: 95Members ✭✭

@Niko_K I tried again recently as well and I confirm it still fails to connect. Nobody seems to be willing to fix it or to give information