If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

TranscodeUniversalRequest: unexpected number of child items: 2

PahiroPahiro Posts: 15Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm getting the above error when trying to transcode a stream.

Protocol = 'dash'
Container = 'mpegts'

I assume the child items are referencing the audio and video streams but I would've expected the DASH protocol to handle that?

https://github.com/Pahiro/SuperSport2.bundle

Best Answer

Answers

• eetjtleetjtl Posts: 635Members ✭✭✭

Did you read the known issues on that github?

• PahiroPahiro Posts: 15Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited September 4

@eetjtl said:
    Did you read the known issues on that github?

:D :D I'm the coder on that Github. Looking for a solution to my problem.

• eetjtleetjtl Posts: 635Members ✭✭✭
    edited September 4

Oops sorry. I just assumed a newbie who doesn't read.
    Again sorry. Guess I need to read more clearly if I had I would have put the usernames together.

• shopgirl284shopgirl284 Posts: 2,782Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Forum Moderator Plex Ninja

I am going to move this to the Channel Plugins Development section, since this is a development question

Many issues and questions can be resolved by reviewing the Plex Support Documentation
    Providing details about your issue, Plex setup, and including log files are important when when asking for help on the forums.
    See Log Files
    Before posting channel plugin questions or issues, please review the pinned threads at the top of the Channel Plugin forum:
    READ FIRST: Guidelines for Posting Channel Plugin Issues/Questions and Things to Check First
    FAQ for Channel Plugin FAQ

@shopgirl284 said:
    First, if you are going to build the media object within your init.py then you need to create a function that loops through twice, otherwise it will not create the preplay screen data properly that is necessary for most Plex player apps. (Roku pulls data a little differently than other players and it will often work without a separate function with the loop)

Cleaned up my code, thanks. Now sadly getting the following;
    [Transcoder] [hls,applehttp @ 016044e0] SAMPLE-AES encryption is not supported yet

edited September 5

Ironically, I'm quoting you, @shopgirl284, from April 2016.

The videos for this channel are eHLS (encrypted) format and some Plex players cannot play eHLS videos. Currently the channels are programmed to block access for users of Plex Web with Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox, as well as Plex Home Theater, since these are the Plex player apps I can confirm cannot currently play encrypted HLS videos. eHLS videos will only direct play on Roku, Android, PlexWeb using Safari, iOS (Ipad and Iphone), and Samsung. So if you are using a Plex player apps that cannot direct play eHLS videos, it must be programmed to transcode all HLS videos for this channel to play videos properly. For more information about what formats your Plex player app supports and why, please refer to that section of the Plex forum for that Plex player .

So I've replaced playlist.m3u8 with .mpd and I'm hoping I can get that to actually work. We'll see. Server is responding with a proper mpd file. Can Plex handle MPD files yet?

Might need to pass the session cookie through with the stream read.