If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Can i do virtual reality with plex on my phone?

ElectricGhostElectricGhost Posts: 31Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hello. I have the recently updated motorola moto g4 plus. I was asking in the plex pass general discussions area if its possible for me to use plex with virtual reality glasses with my phone? And if yes, which glasses should I get? and which accessories?

If no, not the end of the world. i still have plex on my phone.

Best Answer

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 16,044Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    Accepted Answer

It depends on what app you are using for VR. Plex does not have a VR app. The Gear has a special Samsung app that can load our Plex Web app inside the VR. I don't know what these other VR devices run or what apps they have.

Answers

• ElectricGhostElectricGhost Posts: 31Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yes, No, Maybe?

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 16,044Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Plex has no specific virtual reality features. Samsung Gear VR now has a web browser and you can use that to access the PlexWeb client and use your Plex that way.

• ElectricGhostElectricGhost Posts: 31Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited September 12

ok so question. Do i need to have the gear VR or can i just get whatever 50 USD one thats recommended on reddit like the snail vr or BoboZVR4? My question is more general. i just wanna know what i can get with my phone? just looking for advice. so if i get my question answered so i understand, i can give a forum answer. :)

Accepted Answer

It depends on what app you are using for VR. Plex does not have a VR app. The Gear has a special Samsung app that can load our Plex Web app inside the VR. I don't know what these other VR devices run or what apps they have.