If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Backup Seagate Personal Cloud

psantaluciapsantalucia Posts: 2Members

I am running a 3TB Seagate Personal Cloud NAS with PLEX Server for more than a year, the server is not very powerful but is working OK for my needs. Last month i bought a second Seagate Personal Cloud unit, the new device is working and all files are synced correctly.

Plex server is running on both devices, but i can not backup the Plex library from one device to make a copy on the second (backup) unit. All video and music files are copied to the second device in the same folder structure, i only need to copy and update periodically the Plex database.

Anyone knows how to access the Plex library database to make a backup in the Seagate Personal Cloud.

I ask the Seagate support about how to access the device with SSH, by they did not help, and tell me that Plex app is from a third party and so they can not help me. I only want a way to access to the NAS root files, but Seagate support did not help with that.

Regards.

Best Answer

Answers

• psantaluciapsantalucia Posts: 2Members

Thanks a lot, the /?appdev=1 did the trick, i could enable SSH service and now i can access with SSH.