If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Have iOS Apps stopped supporting Chapters?

StevenLyallStevenLyall Posts: 30Members ✭✭

Hi - I haven't used Plex for a while, but when trying today, I find that my Chapters are not accessible via Apple TV or iPad. There were working fine before. Is anyone aware of anything that has changed with Chapters?

Answers

• StevenLyallStevenLyall Posts: 30Members ✭✭

Actually, I figured this out.

I had moved my movies with Chapters into folders, so that I could have sub-folders for Specials, Interviews, Scenes, etc. I now find that this somehow inhibits the iOS Apps from seeing the Chapter detail.

I hope this can be fixed. In the meantime, I am reverting to Movies only on the top directory, as for the movies in question, the Chapter detail is important to me.

• StevenLyallStevenLyall Posts: 30Members ✭✭

Well, now I would say please ignore anything I've said about Chapter management in Plex. I now have Chapters working with my movie files in folders, supporting Featurettes, Interviews, Scenes, etc., AND with Optimized Versions.

Not really sure what I did to get it all working, but removing each file/folder, re-scanning, cleaning bundles, emptying trash, adding the file/folder back in and scanning again seemed to help - mostly!