Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Rename of Devices Attached to Alexa

stevefxpstevefxp Posts: 30Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This is Alexa related but really goes to the heart of a major flaw in the Plex system, and that is the inability to rename devices like an Amazon Fire TV Stick in Plex. I have multiple Fire TV Sticks all around my home, as well as Echo devices. This allows me, in theory, to use Alexa voice control in what I play on my Fire TV Stick. The problem is the Echo cannot determine which Fire TV Stick to control, bc all the Sticks are named the same.

Come on folks this cannot be that difficult to fix. If you really want to embrace Alexa voice control then you need to get this done asap!

Best Answer

• nokdimnokdim Posts: 547Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

I Second that!
    It makes it kinda useless having to say "Echo ask Plex to play blah on TV UN65KS8000"
    instead of "Echo ask Plex to play blah on Livingroom"

But as long as your player is set you don't have to...

Answers

• nokdimnokdim Posts: 547Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

I Second that!
    It makes it kinda useless having to say "Echo ask Plex to play blah on TV UN65KS8000"
    instead of "Echo ask Plex to play blah on Livingroom"

But as long as your player is set you don't have to...