If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

CBS channel not working with LG WebOS (works with Android and Web player)

tonyschatonyscha Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am new to plex, however I can not get CBS to work with my new TV, however it does work with Android and Web Player.

Plex Server (installed last week) (Edit: Ubuntu 16.04) Version 1.8.3.4235
Plex CBS Channel - up to date (not sure if there is a version number on it)
Plex for LG (webOS 03.60.03) - 3.8.0

I receive the following error: unexpected error occurred while decoding the media

Any ideas of where the issue is?

Tagged:

Answers

• shopgirl284shopgirl284 Posts: 2,754Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Forum Moderator Plex Ninja

If the channel is working properly but not working on a specific Plex player app, then that would be an issue with that specific Plex player app. Plex channel plugins just access online content and put its data in a Plex-friendly format that each Plex player app can read. Each Plex player app must be programmed to properly read the data provided by channel plugins and decide how to best play its media, based on the software and codec/format support of that player/device.

The CBS website region restrict is media, so you must have a US IP address on all Plex devices used to watch media from the CBS channel plugin. And the media provided by the CBS website is RTMP format. You would need to refer to the codec support of each player/device to know if it can direct play a specific format, but most player/devices must transcode RTMP media.

You should also review the READ FIRST: Guidelines for Posting Channel Plugin Issues/Questions and Things to Check First document pinned to the top of the Channel Plugin Forum. Especially the section titled "Plex Player App/Plex Media Server Issues." And the Frequently Asked Questions for Channel Plugins document also pinned to the top of the Channel Plugin forum. Especially the "Why won't any of the videos play on one or more of my channel plugins?" section.

Many issues and questions can be resolved by reviewing the Plex Support Documentation
    Providing details about your issue, Plex setup, and including log files are important when when asking for help on the forums.
    See Log Files
    Before posting channel plugin questions or issues, please review the pinned threads at the top of the Channel Plugin forum:
    READ FIRST: Guidelines for Posting Channel Plugin Issues/Questions and Things to Check First
    FAQ for Channel Plugin FAQ

• tonyschatonyscha Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited September 8

I am in the US, so that isn't the issue. After your explaining and reading the FAQ, I understand this is a player issue. Thanks for the information.

If an admin could move this to the smart tv section that would be awesome, otherwise I can create a new thread.

• shopgirl284shopgirl284 Posts: 2,754Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Forum Moderator Plex Ninja

Moved per your request

Many issues and questions can be resolved by reviewing the Plex Support Documentation
    Providing details about your issue, Plex setup, and including log files are important when when asking for help on the forums.
    See Log Files
    Before posting channel plugin questions or issues, please review the pinned threads at the top of the Channel Plugin forum:
    READ FIRST: Guidelines for Posting Channel Plugin Issues/Questions and Things to Check First
    FAQ for Channel Plugin FAQ