Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Live TV Spinning Circle

pcmechanix1pcmechanix1 Posts: 15Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I just set up a new Plex server on Windows 10 with Live TV. Trying to play through FireTV. Audio works, but video is just an endlessly spinning circle. Tuner is a WinTV-quadHD. I've tried multiple FireTV boxes and sticks with the same results.

Answers

• keverboykeverboy Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Getting the same thing :/

• patrickacollierpatrickacollier Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm using the Hdhomerun Connect. No audio or video and fire TV Plex app crashes and restarts. PMS v1.8.3.4235
    Switching back to the tablo would love an update if it's figured out. Thx

• pcmechanix1pcmechanix1 Posts: 15Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I did notice a new message on the FireTV when I tested again this morning: "Recording Failed - LiveTV Session". I've started looking at the logs, but not sure what I'm looking for.

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 15,658Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

The symptoms described above can often be caused by a poor signal. The channel scanning routine does not remove channels with weak signals, so the shows from these channels will be visible to watch/record but may not actually work due to the weak signal. If you have a way of checking the signal quality of these channels outside of Plex, give that a try and see if these channels even work.

Signal is very strong, and I have tested multiple channels. Audio is crystal clear, which typically would be broken up with a weak signal. I also have a Tablo running with no issues, streaming to the same FireTV's.

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 15,658Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Please upload your logs with the failed recording so we can take a look.

I wasn't sure what to include, so here's the zip. I appreciate you taking the time to look.

• jrjr Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Having the same problem. I did get it to tune the channel twice out of 15 tries. All other times just a spinning circle. Also I tried changing the transcoding setting on the HDHomerun Extend and Plex DVR but it did not seem to matter.

• patrickacollierpatrickacollier Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yeah I used the same cable that I used on my Tablo and can view all the channels. So poor quality isn't a cause here.

@pcmechanix1 said:
    I wasn't sure what to include, so here's the zip. I appreciate you taking the time to look.

Thanks for the log. I'll also need the log from the Android app. Check my signature for a link to how to get the logs.

edited September 8

Nevermind, found it.

Here you go.

Any update on this?

No update. Still looking into the issue.

• jrjr Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have this issue on two gen 1 Fire TV boxes but it works perfect on my gen 2 Fire TV box.

@jr said:
    I have this issue on two gen 1 Fire TV boxes but it works perfect on my gen 2 Fire TV box.

Mine are all gen 2. Both boxes and sticks, wired and wireless.

@MovieFan.Plex said:
    No update. Still looking into the issue.

I'm preparing to give up on this and move back to NextPVR/Kodi. Can you give us any information on if a problem has been identified, someone is working on it, etc? I just need to know if we're looking at days/weeks/months etc. Again, I appreciate you putting time in on this, but ultimately I need something that "just works".

• chlowe16chlowe16 Posts: 2Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

My first post! I finally got installed plex server on an old notebook of mine with my FireTV in my living room (Windows 10). Got the same issue as you all. I would get the spinning wheel and just sound. I followed this here: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/244176/conversion-failed-transcoder-crashed-or-failed-to-start-up/p3

By deleting this folder on my plex server, my plex now works. Hope this helps!

I deleted %APPDATA%/Microsoft/Crypto and rebooted with no change. I am local and domain admin on the machine.

On a personal note, this whole DVR/Live TV implementation seems like a massive kludge at this point. I can't believe this was released this way.