If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

TCL Roku TV can't connect, while Roku stick can

We have a TCL TV (with Roku remote and Plex installed) that a week ago was able to connect to my Plex Media Server on my mac on the local network. This hasn't worked in the past week for no obvious reason, with the error that it was unable to connect to the server. We have a Roku stick that has continued to be able to connect to my Plex server on a different TV, so the server appears to be running and capable of receiving connections. Things we have tried:

-- update PM server on the computer
-- restart the computer
-- update the TCL TV
-- remove and reinstall the app on the TCL TV
-- remove all devices from the PM server device list and re-link the devices

In every case, the Roku stick works fine, while the TCL TV does not. To make sure the TV was the problem, we also plugged the Roku stick into the Roku-enabled TCL TV, and are able to watch movies via the stick but not via the app on the TV.

I'm fairly confident at this point the TCL is the problem, not the server. How can I resolve this issue?

Tagged:

Answers

• mathgimpmathgimp Posts: 5Members ✭✭

Oh, I should specify as well: Netflix, Hulu, etc apps all work fine on the TV, so this also does not appear to be a problem of network connectivity of the TV, just the Roku Plex app to the PM Server.

• simplexsimplex Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am having the exact same issue on my TCL TV. Did you ever resolve?