If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex 3.20.4/5 Full Screen vs Close

nauipnauip Posts: 53Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited September 8 in Plex Web App

Pick any application on a PC, Mac, Android (except Plex web app). Open it and look in the upper right hand corner of that window. Maybe even open a few... Check that upper right corner.
Now open the Plex Web App. And recall what used to be in that upper right corner vs. what's in the right hand corner now.

I'm still in the habit of going to the upper right to close a currently playing show or movie and going to the lower right to go or leave full screen.

Please find whoever thought this was a good idea and dump a bunch of glitter into his office chair for me.

TIA

Answers

• zaphodzaphod Posts: 1Members

Plex Team,

While I do like the updated styling on the player, in addition I find the removal of using the ESC key to close the video a bit of a loss. Previously when I wanted to close a video from full screen I would press ESC ESC in quick order and the video is gone.
    To nauip's point, now I have to hunt down a little x with my mouse vs pressing one of the most accessible keys on my keyboard.

Thanks for your consideration!

• nauipnauip Posts: 53Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Zaphod - if you have the old Chrome App (from the Google Store) installed it still functions like the old web app.

Since the introduction of all the pretty-pretty that breaks all the old functionality I've started using the Chrome App for Plex. Scroll wheel for volume is still working, too!

• TiberiusKirkTiberiusKirk Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

The Chrome App will be killed off in just two weeks! HELP!!! What are we to do? The web app is currently broken with the controls in the wrong places and mouse wheel volume control.

Will the chrome app still work after Oct 24? Or will it simply cease to function?

• nauipnauip Posts: 53Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Please put Close and Full Screen back in the correct place!