Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Can't Login With Master Account

greengoobergreengoober Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Can't find this answer anywhere. I can login to my Plex account from practically anywhere. iPhone, iPad, Roku (all remotely) and Apple TV at home on same network. However - when I try to login on my Apple TV at my vacation property it cannot find my server. Important details to note:

This is the same network I am able to remotely connect via the prior mentioned iPhone, iPad and Roku.
Also - this is the strangest part to me - if I log back out on the Apple TV and then login using my own mother's account (I have shared access to my server with her) I am then able to connect! Same Apple TV - but not the master account.

I would say this is an acceptable workaround but it's not - as I would like to access my live tv when I am at my vacation home as well. Has anyone heard of this? What can I do?

Thank you!

Best Answer

• greengoobergreengoober Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

I restored my Apple TV and it now works. Didn't want to wipe it all out but had to try. Thank goodness it worked.

Answers

• greengoobergreengoober Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

I restored my Apple TV and it now works. Didn't want to wipe it all out but had to try. Thank goodness it worked.