Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

ON OLDER VERSION! Conversion failed. A required codec could not be found or failed to install.

doormandoormandoormandoorman Posts: 380Members ✭✭

plex does not play files that were working fine 2 days ago. i installed the plex player 2 days ago and the files were fine for both plex server and plex player but now i get this message "Conversion failed. A required codec could not be found or failed to install.". i uninstalled the player thinking this would solve the issue but it did not. i also uninstalled plex and reinstalled it but nothing works. please fix.

Best Answer

Answers

• Frank LoganFrank Logan Posts: 53Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

You are going to get asked to provide server logs, so people with way more knowledge than me have facts to work from. Speaking of facts, what model (full model number, which provides series and year of manufacture) Samsung TV, Home Theater, Bluray player, or DVD player are you using the app on? Which version of the Samsung Plex Player app are you using? Which version of the Plex Media Server are you using? Provide this, and you should start getting answers, rather than just views.

Best of luck :)

2012 Samsung HT-E6730W Home Theater
    2012 Samsung UN46ES8000F TV, with attached 2014 Samsung Evolution Kit SEK-2000
    2015 Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6
    Kangaroo PC Pro, Windows 10, Plex Media Server, with 2TB Seagate HDD

• doormandoormandoormandoorman Posts: 380Members ✭✭
    via Email
    Thanks so much for the advice.
  • doormandoormandoormandoorman Posts: 380Members ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

would i have to re post question with the logs since the people who already viewed it probably won't review if i just edit it by adding them in.