If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Playback Error after Update to 1.8.4.4249

VitaminlessVitaminless Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi there,
I'm running Plex Media Server Version 1.8.4.4249 on Windows 10. Some Files (not all) that worked, started to stop working. The Files are still there in the same directory and the letter of the drive is also the same. Also the MKV file is still working and playing fine in other players. With Plex Web App in Firefox I get the Error Message: "An error occured trying to play ..." shaka1001 (Network). Same so in Chrome. Via Rasplex the file is also not playable. It seems though, that Plex Server is still transcoding / playing the file without picture after the Error message in the Webplayer is displayed, that is shown in the Status bar. Logs are attached.

Thx!

Answers

• VitaminlessVitaminless Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I just wanted to give a Feedback: It works again. I don't have an Idea why. I tried to "optimize" the versions before, maybe there is a connection why it works now, but I doubt it, since the optimization gave out an error as well.

But anyhow - it works now again. A mysterie in my favour.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.