If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Has anyone had problems with the Fox Channel All Shows list

dhampton97dhampton97 Posts: 15Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

In the past couple of days I have had trouble getting the All Shows list to populate in the Fox Channel plugin. Has anyone else experienced this? I access the PMS via Roku.

Best Answer

Answers

• dhampton97dhampton97 Posts: 15Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I downloaded and installed the updated bundle and ithe All Shows list works now. Thanks!

Well, it looks like I spoke too soon... While the All Shows list populates and I can now navigate down to the episode level, once I Play the episode I receive an "Video Unavailable" error message. This is happening on the multiple Fox shows that I tried and across multiple types of players.

Help again?

• shopgirl284shopgirl284 Posts: 2,754Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Forum Moderator Plex Ninja
    edited September 11

Yeah there is an error in the URL service (that is the code that makes videos play). I have opened up an issue for this at https://github.com/plexinc-plugins/Services.bundle/issues/989 to follow the progress.

EDIT: I have removed the issue mentioned in this post, since the channel will have to be rewritten. See my post below for new issue report.

Many issues and questions can be resolved by reviewing the Plex Support Documentation
    Providing details about your issue, Plex setup, and including log files are important when when asking for help on the forums.
    See Log Files
    Before posting channel plugin questions or issues, please review the pinned threads at the top of the Channel Plugin forum:
    READ FIRST: Guidelines for Posting Channel Plugin Issues/Questions and Things to Check First
    FAQ for Channel Plugin FAQ

• shopgirl284shopgirl284 Posts: 2,754Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Forum Moderator Plex Ninja

There is an issue with the video URLs used for the channel.

I have opened an issue for this - https://github.com/plexinc-plugins/FOX.bundle/issues/5

Many issues and questions can be resolved by reviewing the Plex Support Documentation
    Providing details about your issue, Plex setup, and including log files are important when when asking for help on the forums.
    See Log Files
    Before posting channel plugin questions or issues, please review the pinned threads at the top of the Channel Plugin forum:
    READ FIRST: Guidelines for Posting Channel Plugin Issues/Questions and Things to Check First

So who is supposed to fix this? As far as I can tell nothing has been done. Or is it that I need to install a new version of the bundle?

Thanks!

• sander1sander1 Channel Developer/Admin Posts: 3,711Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

@dhampton97 said:
    So who is supposed to fix this?

You, or someone else from this community. It's not 1 person's responsibility.

See "A Plex channel plugin stopped working. When will it be fixed?" in the Frequently Asked Questions for Channel Plugins thread pinned to the top of the Channel Plugin Forum.

See Log Files

• noblitoratornoblitorator Posts: 40Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

If only I knew how... Hopefully the "watch later" function will work after it's fixed.

alright, thanks for the reply. perhaps some day I will have the technical capability to contribute as you suggest.

• sander1sander1 Channel Developer/Admin Posts: 3,711Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

FOX URL Service and channel have been updated in the last couple of days and updates are pushed out through the Channel Directory.

@sander1 I'm getting a bandwidt
    h error not getting on any other channels

First try rebooting your Plex Media Server. My system had not updated the Fox channel yet. So rebooting Plex Media Server will ensure you have the latest version of the Fox channel plugin and clear up any issues with the new URL service and Plex.

Also, I reported an issue for the Plex Web app (browser interface) after version 3.11 causing a bandwidth error for some multi-quality HLS media, which is the type of media offered by Fox (and TVLand). For me, version 3.11 worked fine but version 3.18 returned the bandwidth errors. But it appears the Plex Web app developers have resolved the issue because I am no longer receiving the error in version 3.20.5 or later of Plex Web.

You would need to refer to the Plex Web section of the forum for any specific on that issue.

See Log Files

edited October 9

Considering one, this wasn't on the web app. I did update the server anyway. And also, the channel didn't work before (URLs were messed up so the thumbnails were too), when I am testing this the channel works properly (different from before) and now the variable and the constant in the equation is other channels don't have this issue but this one does.

thanks, sander1, shopgirl284, et. al. I downloaded the updated Fox bundle and dropped it onto the Plex server. After rebooting the server I did get the bandwidth error, but when I tried it just now I was able to successfully launch a MasterChef episode. cross your fingers that it will work consistently again when I have more time and that I can watch more of the episodes before they expire.

You ROCK!!!

FYI, I was able to launch an episode through both my Roku Stick and my iPad. Based on this initial test I am also expecting it to work on the 4K Roku players, too.

@dhampton97 said:
    thanks, sander1, shopgirl284, et. al. I downloaded the updated Fox bundle and dropped it onto the Plex server. After rebooting the server I did get the bandwidth error, but when I tried it just now I was able to successfully launch a MasterChef episode. cross your fingers that it will work consistently again when I have more time and that I can watch more of the episodes before they expire.

You ROCK!!!

Good to hear and thanks for reporting back!