Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Alexa Plex Skill won't Authorize to link Plex account to Alexa

CloaknDagrCloaknDagr Posts: 3Members ✭✭

I have installed the Plex skill for Alexa. When I click the button to link my Plex account it takes me to a page with an "Authorize" button. When I click THAT button I get --

**_
"Oops; a 500 error...
That's "Internal Server Error" in geeky language.

We've been notified about this issue and will take a look at it shortly.
Let us take you to the main page and we can start all over again, shall we?

You can always visit status.plex.tv for current information. Thank you for your patience."
_**

Starting all over again on the main page doesn't fix anything. There is nothing as of right now on the status page indicating awareness this failure.

I can't get past the failure to link and so cannot do anything with the Plex skill for Alexa. I'm doing this on a very powerful computer not a phone or a tablet. I've tried several browsers, the result is the same failure. I'm signed into my Plex account, everything else works fine and I have Plex for Kodi installed (though I never use it, but it's there).

Comments

• KeeganLanzKeeganLanz Posts: 2Members

I'm having the exact same issue described here

• scoons75scoons75 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Has anyone recieved a reply on this issue yet?

• sjones369sjones369 Posts: 3Members

Hi I had the same issue. I've been trying to authorise for days now. It worked fine up to a couple of as ago when I hade to re-enable the plex skill. Now just keep getting the Oops screen.

• tfatmantfatman Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same same - de-authorised Plex on Alexa and then getting this error when trying to re-link.

• dragon2_nldragon2_nl Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Please please fix, I need this to work tomorrow night :#

• linklooklistenlinklooklisten Posts: 18Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same here! Send help! And chicken!

• FackrellPlexFackrellPlex Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Kinda okay with seeing I'm not the only one having this issue. Also pretty disappointed I'm not the only one having this issue. Lets hope for a resolution soon. It seems like this is affecting everybody.

• bconnor218bconnor218 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Add me to this list as well. Hope they get it fixed soon!

• swanno30swanno30 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Im having the same issue and have been for the past 4 days

• hooversdlhhooversdlh Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same issue here :(

• David LeckieDavid Leckie Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same issue with me. 500 error. I really want this to work. :'( :'(

• w.coppolaw.coppola Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Me too, how do we bump this up the list for Plex to deal with?

• z3r0c001z3r0c001 Posts: 2Members

Same problem here!!! I've contacted the Amazon Alexa customer service and after doing everything they said, they came to the conclusion that the problem is in the Plex server website ! And suggested to contact PLEX.

Please fix this !!!

• WillizxyWillizxy Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Also broken for me

• GhostPXSGhostPXS Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Me too. It's the first time I tried to use it so I assumed I was doinitwrong. Glad it's not just me.

• tjallardtjallard Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Not working for me.

• AndrewC75AndrewC75 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same issue here. I've tried repeatedly. Trying to authorize from Alexa on iOS.

• joshua.woodjoshua.wood Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Just got mine in the mail. Bought it solely for this purpose, and I'm getting the same error when accessing via Chrome in Windows 10.
    "Oops; a 500 error...
    That's "Internal Server Error" in geeky language."

• CloaknDagrCloaknDagr Posts: 3Members ✭✭

Finally I got "authorization" to link my Alexa and Plex accounts. This whole issue is the fault of Plex and the people who operate the server(s) that do the authorization link. Amazon checked and determined the problem was with the Plex end of the system. Sooo ...

YOU PLEX PEOPLE COULD AT LEAST PROVIDE AN APOLOGY AND AN EXPLANATION FOR ALL THE HEADACHES YOU CAUSED ALL OF US. IF YOU HAD POSTED SOMETHING THAT SAID YOU WERE HAVING PROBLEMS WE ALL WOULDN'T HAVE HAD TO JUMP THROUGH ALL THOSE HOOPS AND GONE THROUGH ALL THAT CONSTERNATION UNTIL YOU GOT IT FIXED. WE COULD SIMPLY HAVE WAITED UNTIL YOU REPAIRED THE PROBLEM AND POSTED THAT IT WAS RESOLVED. YOUR HANDLING OF THIS MATTER WAS SINGULARLY CRAPPY.

• montemasmontemas Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Confirmed working again on my account. Thanks