If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

500 Internal Server Error when Linking Alexa to Plex

Hi,

I'm getting a 500 Internal Server Error when i link my alexa to plex - could I check why this is the case? It's worked before

Thanks,
Chang

Answers

• mgkellymgkelly Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited September 9

Same with me...it is the first time I tried to set up Plex with Alex though

• yost.jimyost.jim Posts: 1Members

Same with me :neutral:

• jcarrut2jcarrut2 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same with me. It's worked before. I had disabled the app attempting to get the app to discover my OpenPHT player, but when I re-enabled the app and tried to re-link my Plex account in the Alexa app, I got the 500 error. Very frustrating.

• dragon2_nldragon2_nl Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same with me :'(

Please fix!!

• Rob HufstetlerRob Hufstetler Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited September 9

Getting the 500 error when linking the account for the first time. Using a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone and the Amazon Tap with voice option selected.

• sirkuzsirkuz Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Main reason I got an echo was for this and really bummed I haven't been able to link it up to plex since I have had it!

• kariudokariudo Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

same problem here, 502 according to the network inspector

• dwight.hughesdwight.hughes Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same here. Synopsis of my attempt(s); Tried my Android phone, then my Mac (Safari browser), then a PC (Chrome browser). Each time I start in Alexa app (or website alexa.amazon.com) and select the installed skill and click the button to activate/link. That opens Plex website login and I log in there successfully. It is in Plex when I am prompted and click the "authorize" button to changes to an error page "Oops; a 500 error...". Today was my first attempt trying this and I look forward to seeing it work, it will be a very valuable capability for our home - Hope to see Plex get this fixed soon please.

• jwnoblejwnoble Posts: 1Members Plex Pass

Same here. 500 server issue is on Plex side and not a user problem. Please fix ASAP or I'll cancel my premium membership.

• dcarter9dcarter9 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm getting the same error here. Tried via the Amazon Alexa app and web site. Get a 502 response.

• JAG100JAG100 Posts: 24Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same here. Please fix this Plex!!

• z3r0c001z3r0c001 Posts: 2Members

Same here for almost 4 days already !!!

• pollgpollg Posts: 1Members

Same here! What's going on?

• xios01xios01 Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same here...

from the sound of things... There's an issue...

• NicoLeOcaNicoLeOca Posts: 171Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi,

It finally worked for me.
    not sure I did anything different from previous times.
    It worked from Alexa iOS app but I am pretty sure I tried it before

My Plex World : PMS on Intel Nuc, Nvidia Shield Android TV,  Synology DS214play, Plex for IOS and for Android, PMP

• lukecrolukecro Posts: 65Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Not sure if this is related or not: I'm able to link Alexa and Plex - installing the Plex Skill seems to work, authorizes Plex works, etc. - and Alexa identifies my servers... But then when I try to get Alexa to find or play Plex content, it says, "Your Plex Server does not meet the minimum requirements." It was working a few weeks ago; I don't know what's changed.

@lukecro said:
    Not sure if this is related or not: I'm able to link Alexa and Plex - installing the Plex Skill seems to work, authorizes Plex works, etc. - and Alexa identifies my servers... But then when I try to get Alexa to find or play Plex content, it says, "Your Plex Server does not meet the minimum requirements." It was working a few weeks ago; I don't know what's changed.

Same here but if you look at the details on the Alexa skill page the Plex server requirements have increases - well have to upgrade
    Does it ineed a Plex server upgrade - mine now links but says Alex says it doesn't meet the minmum requrements - I'm on server 1.3.4.3285

"server versions older than v1.5.1 are deprecated"

@lukecro said:

Same here but if you look at the details on the Alexa skill page the Plex server requirements have increases - well have to upgrade
    I'm on server 1.3.4.3285

"server versions older than v1.5.1 are deprecated"

mine is working now i have upgraded

• lukecrolukecro Posts: 65Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited September 16

Ah, interesting - thanks for the tip! I had my server set to automatically update using the Plex Channel releases -- and it always said it was "up to date" even when I did manual checks using the "check for updates" button ... I was on version 1.4 something... So I just did a manual download of the server from the site instead, and then manually installed... And whaddaya know, now I'm on Plex Server 1.9+ ... I guess automatic updating on my previous version of Plex Server was broken all this time? Anyway, Plex Server 1.9 is pretty sweet, so I'm glad I finally found out I was generations behind - and now Alexa works again... woot!!!